Upon the Hour

Upon the Hour

A Poem by Adam M. Snow
"

My wake draws nearer upon the hour; Call upon, thy upper power. I wait the time for truth be told, When the world itself grows cold.

"
Upon the Hour
By: Adam M. Snow

My wake draws nearer upon the hour;
Call upon, thy upper power.
I wait the time for truth be told,
When the world itself grows cold.
I lie here asleep to tell,
Of this life in worldly hell.
Beware my love of time be told,
Of thy child growing old;
And when your life becomes a knurled,
I will be a w***e for the cold world.

© 2011 Adam M. Snow


Author's Note

Adam M. Snow
*Note: Whore - To compromise one's principles for personal gain* not the other whore you're thinking of.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have been reading some of your poems, and this is one of the better ones. I was going to say don't be afraid to deviate from the rhyme schemes either switch them up more, or dump them altogether. Explore your imagery more too, this is challenging with rhyme schemes, but I am sure you can do it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have been reading some of your poems, and this is one of the better ones. I was going to say don't be afraid to deviate from the rhyme schemes either switch them up more, or dump them altogether. Explore your imagery more too, this is challenging with rhyme schemes, but I am sure you can do it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dang why would someone want to do that? I liked it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice author's note describing the word, I didn't know that. As for the poem, very nice; you do have a great way with writing. I like this, nice one.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So strong and held fast to everything near. You know all too well on which you speak of.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This feel like Macbethish. Foretelling in a riddle form with the old world feel mixed in. I love this piece and you have done an outstanding job with your word selections.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this poem. I understand the use of the word "w***e." Many of us do what we must without thoughts or concern for the results. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I find a lot of your poems to be lik grenades, small but deadly with power. You are one of the few poets that can pull this off effectively. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I always love rhyming poems! It was dark, short, and to the point. Great write!


Posted 12 Years Ago


someone's gain...is often another person's loss. Thank you for puting this into perspective.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
*snicker snicker* you"re author's note made me giggle but your poem dealt with the difficult topic of time yet it was so beautifully written with the scariness of the worlds time. your writing is wicked period.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

550 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2011
Last Updated on December 21, 2011
Tags: poetry, story, dark, death, ghost, night, day, emotional, gothic, emo, teen, youth, nursery, ode, haiku, lyrics, music, short, child, children, nature, life, family, friend, love, romance, erotic, Ballad, Couplet, epic, fanfict

Author

Adam M. Snow
Adam M. Snow

Phoenix , AZ



About
"The writer’s mind, can surpass even the most intellectual minds." –Adam M. Snow I keep my work clean, I write to inspire others. Some people would even call me a philosopher, but w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..