Spring

Spring

A Poem by Sofia
"

Spring marks a new beginning and a fresh start for us...

"
The chilling winter breeze is down
As spring marks its arrival
The beauty of the countryside increases as though,
It were a covert with a lovely hue
The flowers bloom all the way long
The vehicles ply making noise - 'ting tong'
Here comes, buzzing a little bee
Searching for nectar and its home to be
The enthralling atmosphere spreads the message of peace,
As if the place were God's own masterpiece
But Beware, the lovely season brings with it
Diseases such as chickenpox and measles
And soon the warm season prevails,
And because of the heat, people wail
As spring bids adieu to come next year
And summer makes the people to fear.

© 2017 Sofia


Author's Note

Sofia
Pheww!! Posted at last..This is the very first poem of a 12 year old😅 Please feel free to criticize. I wrote this poem long ago in spring but I was to nervous to post it. Do tell me how it is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh!Its actually nice according to a 12year old and that too first time..My first writing was actually so bad that i still feel nervous to post it here!!! I liked the way you wrote about spring and especially your rhyming words were perfect...
I just wished if it would have you know some more pleasant memories of spring and then you know bad things of summer that will just transport the writer from you know some pleasant things to scorching heat of summer..It would have been more interesting...
But overall this was really nice and you know for a first timer its actually the best you can do first time and that too at the age of 12!!!
Keep on writing and thanks for sharing...
Take care
Riddhi

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sofia

6 Years Ago

Forgot to add the "am" before super happy...
Abraham George

6 Years Ago

Oh!Its actually nice according to a 12year old
Riddhi i disagree with this. This poem is actu.. read more
Sofia

6 Years Ago

Omg! Thanks so much for the compliment :) I'm so so so happy



Reviews

Great job! Your writing style seems much older than just 12 years old!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sofia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm sorry for the late reply. I appreciate your lovely review.

A lovely poem of bees and nectar...
flowers galore and so
Much to explore... truly tantalizing....
Pat

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sofia

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much ma'am for the review. I'm grateful to you for it :)
You are right dear Sofia. Every season had it down-falls. Each is needed and can be dangerous. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sofia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for appreciating it. I'm glad you liked it.
Will also give a read to your w.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome Sofia.
First, i must congratulate you for dropping one of the very first pieces of your heart here around in guise of this "written-poetry". First poetry is always very special, and ev'n it should be well treasured with the "Verity" of words. My first poetry that i had written long back... back in 2012 is already gone into... trash with the crash of my window back in 2015. And i lost my every penny of stuff in that, and since then, i e'vn lost the loath of my "prime" inspiration to write as well, cos sometimes, some things belong not just to words, but to feelings, and when the feelings are trashed, or burnt or lost somewhere in the wisp of emptiness, it's hard to get back those SAME feelings in life in the SAME postulate of passion.

Nevermind, the poetry's very beautifully written. You must keep it safe for life. In future, it will always remind you, "where you were, and where you are by now". The choice of words's nice and creative. I might be taking a look at some of your work, shortly.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sofia

6 Years Ago

Lol! I figured it to be some kind of loss..hahaha..
Rahul

6 Years Ago

then glad to get things cleared around for you. haha!
Sofia

6 Years Ago

Hahaha! :D
Shames my first poetry... You have a natural talent... The imagery borders on child-like (obviously)... But in a fantastic way... People crave relatability, and this was chock full of it! Keep writing... Very, very well penned...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

D'aw, you make me feel quite appreciated, Sofia... No shame in jumping for joy, I sure as heck do it.. read more
Sofia

6 Years Ago

I'll surely try to improve myself in the future..anyways, thank you for your time once again..
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Anytime, it is my pleasure... That is all we can hope to accomplish everyday... Improvement...!
Well done. For a 12 year old you're a stud.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sofia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind visit and review. I appreciate it :)
you are very talented and don't stay here to read other's stories and poem. please keep writing . we are waiting to read your more writings . best wishes for your future.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sofia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for all ur wishes...yeah, I'll be writing poems once agn when my unit tests are over...
The contrast of spring heading into summer is quite stark. We pray for the sun here. But two weeks down the line. We're cracking up with it. Well done on your on your poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sofia

6 Years Ago

So you've been living in a cold country..thank you for the review.. I'm glad you enjoyed it
Oh!Its actually nice according to a 12year old and that too first time..My first writing was actually so bad that i still feel nervous to post it here!!! I liked the way you wrote about spring and especially your rhyming words were perfect...
I just wished if it would have you know some more pleasant memories of spring and then you know bad things of summer that will just transport the writer from you know some pleasant things to scorching heat of summer..It would have been more interesting...
But overall this was really nice and you know for a first timer its actually the best you can do first time and that too at the age of 12!!!
Keep on writing and thanks for sharing...
Take care
Riddhi

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sofia

6 Years Ago

Forgot to add the "am" before super happy...
Abraham George

6 Years Ago

Oh!Its actually nice according to a 12year old
Riddhi i disagree with this. This poem is actu.. read more
Sofia

6 Years Ago

Omg! Thanks so much for the compliment :) I'm so so so happy
Well done for a first timer! The poem starts with a refreshing and vibrant tone. Towards the end, yeah...the summer part...shows how it causes a slight annoyance...a bit humorous ending. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zoya

6 Years Ago

oops...forgot to add a comma before 'living'
Sofia

6 Years Ago

Yeah we've got two La Martiniere schools here...no worries about the comma...
Zoya

6 Years Ago

Ah yeah, I know

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1021 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 22, 2017
Last Updated on May 15, 2017
Tags: Spring, FreshStart, Beginning

Author

Sofia
Sofia

Kolkata, West Bengal, India



About
Just like many other writers on this site, I have also left this platform long ago and my works here are what I used to be two or rather three years ago. Don't read them, they're not good at all. I am.. more..

Writing
Rain Rain

A Poem by Sofia


Friendship Friendship

A Poem by Sofia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Found Found

A Poem by MsJewel