Summer Haze

Summer Haze

A Poem by Sofie
"

*about a failing relationship*

"
Imagine a warm summer evening. It was dawn. And you lay in the bed of grass gazing at the orange pink sky, the sun resting softly on the horizon whispering goodbye.
You knew it was unrealistically perfect. The way the air was still and you were happy. You were very very happy. This feeling this time was a relief for you. It was unusual, unreal, ethereal.
And you knew the sun had to whisper goodbye.
And you knew the cherry haze and the soft hue of the sky would become dull.
Losing color.
Losing perfection.
That's what your relationship was like. You knew it was so perfect and you lied to yourself every time you took a relaxed breath. Because you didn't think you deserved this perfection. You thought you'd ruin everything and all of this consumed you.
Because the sun did go down.
And the sky became a monochromatic reminder of your destruction.
And even though he said nothing changed. That it was okay.
You still felt so empty like you had lost the only most important thing in the world.
And maybe.
You have.

© 2016 Sofie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how you descriptively described a summer evening and then lead that to a relationship. It's honestly so creative and I'd never have been able to connect ideas like that. Love it! Hope to see more :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


'Nothing changed' usually means that everything has changed for the worse.
"And the sky became a monochromatic reminder of your destruction" - omg that hurts.
Excellent writing.
Welcome to WC

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2016
Last Updated on March 5, 2016
Tags: Poety, poem, spoken word, sad, love, relationships

Author

Sofie
Sofie

Chatham, Ontario, Canada



About
14 year old writer from Canada ~ I go through alot of struggles and sometiiimes I just write something about them or the way I feel (more often than not poetry) more..