Lifeless

Lifeless

A Poem by SoftballBabe101

 Life.

What does the word "life" mean to you?

What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning and see the scintillating light coming through your bedroom window, rather than let the darkness seep through your body, devouring all the life and good that was left in you and filling those punctures with guilt, hatred, and greed?

Or not just to forget about the world moving on without you as though nothing has changed, and you were already dead to the world. And throw the covers over your head and forget everything that life has to offer?  

Could it be you've just given up on the world and humanity, and that you're as useful and as full of life as a corpse in the burial grounds of a cemetery? But unlike you, those skeletons still remain there while still underground, wishing they could be you at the moment, green with envy that you are as though acting like you were one of them, as if you actually wanted to be them. Hoping they would be given the chance to change your selfish ways. 

If you're just giving up, and throwing your life away for the Devil to keep, because you feel that your worthless, and feel as though you can only lie there, waiting for the Lord to zap you out of existence?

People like that should be stricken out of this world! Or should they stay here and suffer for all eternity, being tormented because they were selfish. Our planet is full of evil, hatred, grief, cruelty, and sick, masochistic people, who search and thrive on soon- to- be- corpses. As you are to be if you stay like this.

Go ahead and lie there. Pretend that you are nothing to any of the human beings that love and support you, and who want the best for you. But you, out of all people forget about them. Be the greedy monster you were trying to prevent from overcoming your sanity. But you lost and all you can do is plead, but it does nothing.

Give up on yourself and all of your surroundings. Forget about your family who needs you and your support to give them a meaning to life, and for them to get up in the morning just so they can see your face and go to bed at night with the last image they saw before they slowly let their eyelids shut was the you, because they can't get enough of you; they thrive for your attention, and when you don't give them enough, they think you don't delight and cherish them like you did the other child. And you, the last person they would suspect of taking their most prized possession away them, to have a future as bright or as brighter than the one you had. But they aren't able to, because your future is as bright as a moonlit sky when there is an eclipse. 

 But no, you just lay there, thinking what you have become; letting the life just ooze out of you and being tormented by having to smell the stench of your life just dying right before your trembling hands, and soon rotting under your ice-cold, rocky skin. Having to experience the pain of the life being sucked out of you.

You being the reason why your mystified kids are the same as your pathetic self, because when they walked into the room coming to wake you up so you can take them to school, see you lying there lifeless, not budging or awaking as they toil to get you up. Pondering why you would do this to yourself, why you would make this choice to throw your life away and never look back and be able to see your children grow up and create a family of their own. You being your normal self to greedy.

And knowing that, while they stand at your grave, at your miserable funeral,puzzled over if they were the reason you are now decaying there in that claustrophobic coffin, questioning if you are in Heaven now with Jesus, or in the pits of Hell, perished and being tortures at maximum heights beyond belief, with the Devil himself. And when they grow old and kick the bucket. while they're in Heaven searching for you and can't find you, putting them to their last resort of the last choice possible, that you are in complete ... But then everything goes black. You can't think of anything than what you have put your children through, and all you can feel is throbbing pain for the rest of your now beyond useless life. With that last memory of what has taken over you.

Yah, let's see you live with that for the rest of eternity ... 

 

 

 

© 2009 SoftballBabe101


Author's Note

SoftballBabe101
based on how my writing is, the type of writing is usually how i am feeling at the time ... sorry if this is too depressing!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The description in this story was excellent.
It is rather depressing, but that doesn't stop it from being very good.
You have a very unique writing style, and this piece really kind of let that style loose and came back with an amazing end result.
All-in-all, very good job!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice writing! it had a nice flow

Posted 14 Years Ago


hey calley ur story rocked ...... by the way this is kyra


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a nice poem, it allows the reader to ponder the various main aspects of life, and passionate.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love this ... it took me not too long to write. maybe 2 hours at max... but yah if you think there is anything to change tell me so i know and i can still work on it ... pleaze review this story and tell me what you think of it ... you opinion really matters!

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOW! your thesaurus has really come through for you!jk. but a little tip, at least if your not doing this already:). Whenever you use a word that you don't know, and then put it in the story that just came out of the thesaurus, make sure you study them, and then you will become a successful writer:) Ya and I think this should be more of a stage thingy like when inspirational speakers come on stage. But I do like the moral of the story, I really do:) So you really feel depressed?... And I actually do like the length of it too, and the word scintillating made me chuckle a bit because sometimes, I would use it a lot and that kind of stuff. Continue writing and I'll talk to you l8r...

Posted 15 Years Ago


more of a short story or fierce rant, not a poem. but very good. excellent descriptions and diction.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2009
Last Updated on March 12, 2009

Author

SoftballBabe101
SoftballBabe101

Forks, WA



About
i love sports... but the main ones that i absolutely with out a doubt will play are volleyball, softball, football, and badminton! thats all you need to know about me for the moment... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..