Wrong Turn Ahead

Wrong Turn Ahead

A Poem by Saskia Liddick
"

A Poem based on a dream I had. Also based on a true story, sadly.

"
Wrong Turn Ahead
By Saskia Liddic
I had a dream that I was driving down the road of life. 
I was using a GPS, but it turned off when I came to a fork in the road. 
I knew this was my choice to make. Down one fork I saw my dreams, all my aspirations. I saw what I hoped to become, and what I hoped I would be waiting for me. Calling for me. My name was literally flashing in lights, beckoning, beckoning. 
And down the other fork, I saw you. You with a smile and your hand in the air, and a cinder in your eyes.
You had your back turned to the world, and your thumb towards the road, asking for a ride. Behind you I saw the shadow of small children, of us, growing old together, a golden anniversary. 
My GPS offered me nothing. 
I stared down each path, faced with a decision. The rest of my life? Or you?
I turned you away, turned away your gentle kisses and your passion. I turned down all that I had promised you, all those late night talks, and all those strolls down the street with the feeling of your fingers weaved in mine like a beautiful zipper of trust. 
I drove toward my dreams. 
The further I drove, the more it melted away. I stared at the GPS, thinking this couldn't be right, waiting for it to say "Make an Illegal U-Turn and go back to him, stupid" but it said nothing. 
Soon I was no long driving past the back stage doors and the cast parties. I was alone, and had no way to get back. 
So I kept driving, hoping I'd see you on the side of the road on this path to nowhere, my journey through life, but I didn't see you. I was alone, I was cold, and I was sad. 
When I opened my eyes to dawn relief came to me like salvation, then I realized. 
It wasn't a dream at all. 

© 2011 Saskia Liddick


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011

Author

Saskia Liddick
Saskia Liddick

San Diego, CA



About
Willkommen everyone, come in and sit down. Make yourselves at home, I'm Saskia Liddick, the most energetic and charismatic person you'll ever meet. I've been writing for 6 years, at age ten I left beh.. more..

Writing