Where Does Growth Begin?

Where Does Growth Begin?

A Story by Pierce Anthony
"

This is intended to be a brief insight on the state of our consciousness and growth.

"

As a species we have already seen a fall in consciousness. There’s no saying exactly how intelligent and purpose-oriented we once were, but nowadays it’s hard to tell whether most people bare more in common with domesticated animals or sentient co-creators of the universe. We’re docile in the face of our own digression, we give our power away to a minority who make decisions without having the well-being of everyone in mind, and the health of our home is on the decline without reason to believe it will cease.

 

Evidence in support of these facts is abundant, but it doesn’t mean we have to idly standby and watch as the fire of life gets extinguished. All planets inhabited by self-reflective species are likely to encounter a fork in the road much like the one that we’re confronted with now, so there’s no sense in playing the martyr. We will either kill ourselves off after enduring conditions not fit for life, or we will blossom and take back the reigns of this planet in the pursuit of growth and equilibrium.

 

 Of course I’m hoping for one over the other, but nothing has to happen. However, it may seem like we’re at a stand-still and that the only thing that really changes each year is the price of the newest iphone, but this can only go on for so long. Like the cycle of the seasons there will come a time that is radically different than this one, and it is up to everyone how we experience this.

 

That opens the door for us to ask, “Where do we begin?” Well, where do we ever begin? In the moment of course! One of the most appreciable aspects of life is the manner in which feedback is always present. Our experience of thoughts, emotions and senses act as the bridge for our internal and external awareness. As long as we’re alive we need not worry about being blind to the quality of our living. If you’re tolerating bad habits, negative people, and possess a low self-esteem, there’s going to be evidence to back it up. Likewise, if you aim to eat a healthy diet you will know without a doubt whether or not you’re doing that. There’s no two ways about it.

 

So a wise first step is to set sail for your own ideals. Don’t worry about convincing others how to live their life when you’ve barely got a grip on your own reality. Become fit at learning from the mistakes that others have made, and definitely stay away from politics because that’s even further outside your jurisdiction. Because of the separate but indivisible nature of awareness and everything it has ever been aware of, the ripples of change you create for yourself will invariably affect the larger whole. As you become more loving and conscious life is inspired to do the same. This is not exclusive to the people you see day to day or meet within your life; I mean the whole shebang.

 

We may lose sight of our ambitions and make mistakes that teach us valuable lessons, but the cost is that of our precious time and energy. This is why it’s important to think. A lot of people succumb to living sad and shallow lives because they don’t pour enough energy into identifying what moves them. Ask yourself what you would regret not doing in life; the answer to this question will provide a springboard with which to take action, now! 

© 2012 Pierce Anthony


Author's Note

Pierce Anthony
I'm open to sharing ideas so if anyone would like to discuss how this affected them or has similar interests, bring them forth! Let's have a good time creating good experiences :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on September 16, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012
Tags: self help, insightful, growth, creativity