A letter to my Mama.

A letter to my Mama.

A Poem by Solitaire-P0ette

Dear Mama, 
I miss you so much. I know I relationship wasn't the best, but I always loved you. Even  though you were unable to take care of us, that was okay. It may have hurt me, but I always knew you were there. Even when you'd go off for days, I'd knew eventually you'd come back to get some rest and would sleep the day away. I wish you could see how happy i am. I'm living good, straight A's and I'm an athletic star. I want you to be here so i can hug you, and you can tell your funny lines. Everybody is doing so well, and we all miss you. today was one of my best days. I scored 20 points in my basketball game, and last year I won every race that I ran. Everyone says I run just like you. I got three trophies, and alot of academic awards. but you weren't there to see me. Nobody but Uncle Marvin bothers to show up to my games. Daddy came once. you werent here to celebrate my birthday. Dad idn't even call and wish me a happy birthday or nothin. With you..atleast I know you say something, give me a kiss. or something. I didn't even get that. It was times when me you and myisha would be together and I would be so happy. I miss it all. I miss you. I just wanted to let you know. In the past, all of those notes I would write, I'm sorry, I just couldnt bear looking at you will yourself with drugs. It killed me inside. It's getting later, but I will see you later. Keep a spot for me because I'm coming to see you. Tell grandma I miss her and I'll see her soon. 
Love, Carlotta N.L.

p.s. I always loved you...and i still do.

© 2010 Solitaire-P0ette


Author's Note

Solitaire-P0ette
This letter was written when I was in the 8th grade (almost 4 years ago). My mom died a little over a year prior. I was going throught my old diary and came across it...I've written an up to date one not to long ago.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a very heartfelt piece like the other one....it makes me sad though...I could tell you loved your mother...and she would be proud of you...all your mother wants for you is happiness...even from the grave you know what her wish is...good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Some of the most beautiful writing is done from the heart! Thanks for sharing yours. So many have this same experience and some far worst, the awesome thing is you were the one to share such vulnerable thoughts and trials. God Bless
Make the choice to choose different and break the cycle! Keep writing it makes you stronger. Peace BoSweets

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! This is a sad but powerful read. Thank you for sharing your heart and for reminding me of the power of love and forgiveness.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
You have a lot of love in your heart...and lots of forgiveness..really heartfelt and emotional read..glad your in a good place and so is she...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thanks for sharing this..I won't forget to tell my mom I love her..

Posted 13 Years Ago


despondent to its very core.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, very sad. But you certainly did a good job of getting your emotions out. I still feel a lump in my chest. Nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


you have me crying...
and reeling over my memories...
this is so beautiful...
i am touched that you are sharing this...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is sweet you did a nice job you should be proud this is a lot of pain, but I'm sure you can move past it and I hope happier times come to you :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


u've been thru so much pain for someone so young..i wish u all the happiness in the world..

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

429 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 29, 2010
Last Updated on October 10, 2010

Author

Solitaire-P0ette
Solitaire-P0ette

Kansas City, KS



About
I'm a young girl who loves to write. Writing is my outlet. When i feel that no one will listen and i'm overwhelmed, my emotion comes out through my poetry. Writing is my passion, and no one can EVER t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..