It's Time

It's Time

A Poem by Solitaire-P0ette
"

I'm going through a tough break up

"
It's time to let go
I apologize for loving so strong and
for trying my best to hold on.
I'm sick of my heart singing to this fake song.
I need to go back within myself.
which is where i belong.
I need to move on.
It's time
to focus on what I need
Tired of spilln my soul
only to feel that you look....
right through me.
It's time.....
that i begin to believe in me
Remove the tears that stop me from seeing.
I need to find my inner being.
It's time for me to play the cards in my hand.
It's time for me to depart from Love's Island.
figure out me.
I just want to be happy.
I Promised never to walk away
So physically....I'll stay.
It's time
for me to love without being in love.
won't be easy...but it has to be done.
I'm sorry....but it takes more than one.
It's time.

© 2010 Solitaire-P0ette


Author's Note

Solitaire-P0ette
I'm having such a hard time with this break up...my whole soul is off balance. Even had an asthma attack from being so upset...Love is a hard thing. Especially when you lose...and through all. I promised him I'd never leave his life completely no matter what happened....so I'm still torturing myself and being "friends" with him. Is it even possible? I need answers...I'm falling apart from within...and its hard for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can relate to this poem myself. It really stands out to me...I really loved this...you can see into your heart with this poem. It makes you also think of all the hard times everyone has to face in their lifetime. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i kinda got really into reading it because it's SO relateable. i can read this and say "hey, that happened to me." makes me feel less alone in certain situations.





Posted 13 Years Ago


very emotional write, I think I love this just because of that. Its hard being with someone-friends bleh- who doesnt love you back, then to have them say i love you then do something stupid to ruin it...what can i say, some guys dont know a good thing when they have it. cant say I have a favorite line because I loved it all. again very emotional, very wonderful...

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
your emotion spills out onto this page and it's heartfelt and pure..All I can say is bless your situation, be grateful for having to experience this pain and this will release your soul from the torment..it is ok to love without receiving love back..this is the nature of love..be in love with yourself..feel good about giving your heart with want...your life will be abundant with love if you do..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Love the flow of this...the single two words "it's time" here and there just puts a stamp on the declaration. I love this and I can definately relate.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awe that was nice hope you make it though the break but follow your words and at the end of that rainbow your soul will find its way.Write on!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes, it's possible being friends with your ex just as long as you two have a common ground about the friendship. But for now time apart is what you both and then friendship will come. Being friends right away after a break up is not going to work because the feelings are still there. Give yourself some time to heal, never feel tortured being someone's friend, it won't work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sometimes you just need a break, even temporary, so the two of you can adjust to a new relationship, and then come back in a little while as friends...

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TAO
We feel your pain. Having been on both sides of this fence, it's easy enough to understand through the eyes of both parties. Your poem is heartfelt, and it makes us wonder at how we've hurt someone like this, and how we've been hurt like this. But that's love, isn't it? Pat Benatar had it right; a battlefield. Love is a battlefield. Very beautiful, very intense, very heartbreaking work, Solitaire-P0ette.

Posted 13 Years Ago


THIS IS SO PRETTY...
LIKE A SONG...
VERY NICE JOB...

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

788 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2010
Last Updated on October 18, 2010

Author

Solitaire-P0ette
Solitaire-P0ette

Kansas City, KS



About
I'm a young girl who loves to write. Writing is my outlet. When i feel that no one will listen and i'm overwhelmed, my emotion comes out through my poetry. Writing is my passion, and no one can EVER t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Single Mom Single Mom

A Poem by RTB