Let The Games Begin- Prologue

Let The Games Begin- Prologue

A Chapter by SomerSunshine

"These things take time, sir." Joseph said gravely. A little shiver of emotion passed through Sebastian, but he kept it under control. There was no reason to lose his cool yet. He kept his face smooth, and pretended to be oblivious to the looks he was recieving from everyone around the table who were less than eager about seeing his reaction.

 

He feigned boredom. "What you don't understand, Joseph, is that we are running out of time. Honestly, how long could it possibly take to find one family and eradicate it? This shouldn't be such a hard task. Especially of someone with your expertise on the matter." Inside, he could feel the stares of everyone on him, and he knew whatever he said now was crucial, because right after this meeting it would be going straight to his superiors.

 

Joseph glared at him, and the look in his eyes was just enough to set someone's soul on fire. The defiance in them was absolutely revolting to Sebastian. Sebastian would never understand how this man's mind worked, and he was just getting increasingly pissed off every minute that this meeting dragged on.

 

"Sir," Joseph started slowly, closing his eyes and rubbing his temples. "You know that this is definitely not on my level of expertise. I specialize in search and rescue missions. This is a very, very far cry from a simple search and rescue. This is search and destroy, sir. Honestly, and I say this with absolutely no disrespect, but maybe I'm the wrong man for this job," he paused and took deep breath, his hands clammy and shaking. "You obviously need someone who can focus on the simplicity of this, and I am definitely not this person. I can't continue with where this is heading. Everything in me- my morals, my heart, my soul, along with every other instinct in my body- is telling me that this is wrong.

 

"And I'm sorry if I have been a major setback to this mission, sir. But I am not a muderer. I never have been, and I refuse to become one now. You will be recieving my written resignation tomorrow." Joseph finished, and everyone was absolutely silent.

 

Sebastian was ready to start throwing punches. Two months he had wasted on this man. Two horrifyingly wasted months. He could have had this done by now if he had chose someone else- anyone else. He glanced around the room, looking at the large mahogany doors, the large oak table, the blood red carpet.

 

Sebastian put on a fake smile, and he could see everyone else that was in the room with them visibly relax, obviously relieved that he was keeping himself under control. But underneath his calm exterior, he pictured himself ripping Joseph apart and burning him.

 

Everyone began to put on their pleasant smiles as Sebastian began to speak. I have to do everything my self, he thought to himself. If you wanted something done right, you needed to do it yourself. "Get the f**k out of my office, Joseph." Sebastian said, the smile never leaving his lips. Joseph nodded once to himself, and stood up, and walked towards the door.

 

Sebastian lowerered his face into his hands. Anger was rushing through his veins, threatening to implode. The urge to kill was just becoming too much now. And he could be sure that Joseph would be the first to go.

 

He didn't accept failure.

 

Before leaving, Joseph threw one last thing over his shoulder. He had figured it was one last warning, a gift of sorts. But he knew now that this was one of the biggest mistakes of his life, and it would haunt him for eternity. He was leaving a family to be slaughtered, and he was digusted with himself.

 

But he was determined to save them.

 

His eyes locked with Sebastian's.

 

"I'll see you in hell."



© 2010 SomerSunshine


Author's Note

SomerSunshine
Tell me what you think! (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great chapter. The flow of your words suited perfectly with the tone. Love the angst.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
1 Review
Added on October 28, 2010
Last Updated on October 30, 2010
Tags: Angels, Demons, Love, Decisions


Author

SomerSunshine
SomerSunshine

MN



About
My name is Somer, and I'm just a girl from Minnesota. I love to write, and one day I hope to become an author. I like stories with a lot of feeling, and run-on sentences. So hopefully my stories h.. more..

Writing
adfdaf adfdaf

A Story by SomerSunshine