An Ode To Teachers 💐

An Ode To Teachers 💐

A Story by Sonakshi Arora
"

A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touched a heart. I write about my transition form middle to senior school.

"
Three years it have been , three years with the best of people who have surrounded me and nurtured me. Three years with elders who have helped me blossomed and be the way I am. An incomprehensible period of three years which I am never going to forget. And now, I start again from scratch, leaving you all, going on a new venture. Unshielded, unprotected. All by myself. There is so much I have learnt in these three years. I have learnt how to love people. I have learnt how to cooperate with people. But mostly, I have learnt the importance of togetherness. Three years of guidance has made me come to this point where every fear haunts me of leaving your warmth . But I have to go. But I will come back for sure. I will come back when I stumble again. I will come back when I lose my path again, so that you can show me my destination. I will come back when things are at their breaking point. I will come to show how your sleepless nights have made me a great personality.But mostly, I will come back to express my gratitude. Thank you for being there for me at every step. Thank you for welcoming us and removing our hesitations. Thank you for being mothers to us. No words of the dictionary can sum up by thankfulness to you.
Being a daughter of a teacher, I know you all are sleep deprived, always working to help us turn into better students and citizens all together. Teaching, till date, is the most underrated profession. Teaching, I'd say , is an art of the soul and an impetuous passion which not everyone can master. Thank you for being more than a teacher to us. Thank you for being our mentors and well wishers. No matter what happens, I will come back to you.

© 2017 Sonakshi Arora


Author's Note

Sonakshi Arora
Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautifully stated - of course I'm prejudiced, but I can't think of any other profession that is so underrated as that of teachers. I've often said I don't care where the person is in the social or economic scheme of things they all owe it, primarily to the teachers they have had and many still depend upon today. Thank you for your insight.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sonakshi Arora

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading it! Teachers are gifts from God :D



Reviews

Beautifully stated - of course I'm prejudiced, but I can't think of any other profession that is so underrated as that of teachers. I've often said I don't care where the person is in the social or economic scheme of things they all owe it, primarily to the teachers they have had and many still depend upon today. Thank you for your insight.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sonakshi Arora

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading it! Teachers are gifts from God :D
Hey sonakshi...nicely written. These days the teachers often feel they are not appreciated for their efforts..but this is a true appreciation for them right from the heart. Nice!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shabiyaswati

7 Years Ago

Yeahh...we try to do what we can. The rest the students have to pull through. ;)
Sonakshi Arora

7 Years Ago

Haha yes !
Dave

7 Years Ago

I have a few short stories you might enjoy. The Dance, The Picture - let me know what you think.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 22, 2017
Last Updated on March 4, 2017
Tags: Teachers, second mothers, love, affection

Author

Sonakshi Arora
Sonakshi Arora

Navi Mumbai, India



About
This is going to be a bit long but I swear it is funny please read it don't go.... Hello fellow writers! I once wrote a poem which somehow got selected for my school magazine. Then I wrote a poem w.. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Sonakshi Arora


Brave Brave

A Poem by Sonakshi Arora