Zero

Zero

A Poem by Marlena

You're dark and perfected

a beautiful new creation

wire bones and black plaster skin

feathers in your hair and tar like blood

you lurch and move so mechanically

It's almost unfair to create something that won't be accepted for it's beauty

You have no feelings but you have strength

You're knotted with rotted muscle

and you can do almost anything I say,

beautiful creature,

all you ask for is a name.

Zero.

You have no place here,

I made you from things unliving

your only purpose is to serve me

the only thing you have is your strength and me,

but you have no place here,

no reason to live in this world,

and you won't be accepted,

not by anyone.

Zero.

© 2009 Marlena


Author's Note

Marlena
...I don't know why I wrote this. I've been having writer's block lately so I'm just grabbing the tiny fragments of ideas I can find and going for it. This one is based on this project we're eventually doing in my art class, I can't remember the artist's name, but he made sculptures out of wire, covered them in globs of plaster and then painted the plaster black. I've seen one of the more successful sculptures that some honors student did of this horse that looks like it's half decaying and....It's so beautiful and dark. I decided to also put feelings of loneliness and such in here because for the project our creation has to have a sort of gesture and show a strong sense of emotion. I think loneliness is the easiest for me to play off of because, really, I get kind of lonely in school, plus everyone has times when they're lonely and upset.

Let me know what you think, and when we get up to the project and I finish it, I'll post a picture here. ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! This is an awsome poem! I can almost see "Zero". I wish I could write something like this when i was having writers block! Thank you for entering it in my contest! Im glad I got the chance to read this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'm nearly speechless.
Nearly.

This is truly excellent. I personally think inspiration is nonexistent. Anything you will write comes from within you. When at a loss for words, grope the dark abyss of creativity and pull out a gem, such as this. I greatly agree with Bud, this could certainly be taken many ways, and it certainly was. Which you intended, I am not sure, if you did any.
In any case, excellent write. ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


every single one of your poems brings itself to life right in front of my eyes. I could see this writhing black mass clearly in it's creation, and I could feel the empty abyss at the truth that this creature will be rejected and thought hideous.
OH my word, I could just go on forever.
my point: all of your poems, whether inspired or not, are exquisite and full of life and imagery.
as a reader, I'm in awe. as a writer, I'm also jealous. :]

- hershey's kiss

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Inspiration isn't a resident, but a visitor. So, we must wait for it to come visit, before we are inspired to write. Some see it more often than others, but then some have very special visits. Like you, with this piece here. Deep, deep stuff. Doesn't seem so on the surface, but about half way through the chill, and goose bumps crawl up the arm, signifying that a special something is in this. The meaning goes so much deeper than it appears. Wow! Aveira, this is Astonishing, without a doubt! The implications, though I know you have one specific meaning to this, are numerous. I can see one, also questioning religion through this. So, many ways of taking it. An Excellent conversation piece for many thoughts to be provoked, and questions pondered. I think this one I will have to keep. Outstanding! Aveira, I see you blossoming like a beautiful Rose, you are nurturing your Talents well, my friend!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2009

Author

Marlena
Marlena

NY



About
-What's there to know? It's obvious why I'm here, that's all you need to get it.- more..

Writing
Floating Floating

A Poem by Marlena


Unspoken Unspoken

A Poem by Marlena



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


F**k You F**k You

A Poem by Marlena