Essence (Confessions) In The Air

Essence (Confessions) In The Air

A Poem by Marlena
"

Wings and scars and skin and hair, all these things, floating in the air.

"

There’s feathers floating in the air

Soft plush stars, ripped from tender skin

Wings and scars and skin and hair

All these things, floating in the air

 

They’re an aroma of life around you

Pieces of broken angels and replicas of hate

Certain things will never change, that is true

But they’ll always be in the air, parts of you.

 

Last mornings and sleepless nights

Ending with mortal fear and sweating bodies

Painful pins and loving needles, fires to ignite

Laugh it off, smile away, a cutter’s own delight

Just remember who you’ll be

When you don’t sleep tonight.

© 2010 Marlena


Author's Note

Marlena
I seem to have an issue using proper grammar in poetry, but I don't really care. XD Let me know what you think, title's iffy, if you can come up with something better or that catches my attention then let me know, mmkay? 'kay.

Anyway, let me know what you think, please :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i actually thought the title was kind of catchy... i thought you did a great job on this piece the imagery and rhyme were perfect in this... a very deep piece to me and kind of thought provoking in a way... overall a very interesting and unique write....a very impressive job on this...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Written well, very unique.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
You have penned yet another Wonderful piece of your Magnificent art. The flow has a most natural feel to it. Has a very emotional feel to it. Outstanding. Hope all is well?

Posted 14 Years Ago


The words to this are very pretty but there seems to be a dark side to this, a kind of emotional torture going on. For me this poem speaks of someone who is cutting themselves, trying to find relief from some inner torment. All the things in the air are just symbols of their torment. Over all, well done, an excellent job. I really like this write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like the title, and think the image is that of a person trying to sleep, and tearing at their pillow ripping it open --thereby allowing the feather's to fly everywhere....like the way our dreams float and drift over us at times. (okay, sorry for trying to write a book on this) sometime i go on and on...

i didnt see any bad grammer...IDK what you're talking about:P..lol

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i actually thought the title was kind of catchy... i thought you did a great job on this piece the imagery and rhyme were perfect in this... a very deep piece to me and kind of thought provoking in a way... overall a very interesting and unique write....a very impressive job on this...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

784 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2010
Last Updated on February 25, 2010

Author

Marlena
Marlena

NY



About
-What's there to know? It's obvious why I'm here, that's all you need to get it.- more..

Writing
Floating Floating

A Poem by Marlena


Unspoken Unspoken

A Poem by Marlena



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..