Im happy, somethings wrong

Im happy, somethings wrong

A Chapter by Elizabeth Gross

Bella sat on the bench outside of her house waiting for Danny, the butterflies in her stomach fluttering around like moths near a light. She took a deep breath, unsuccessfully trying to calm herself. 
Warmth filled her anxious stomach as she saw the all too familiar silver Toyota pull in front of her house. She half ran down the stairs with her heavy backpack slung over one arm and opened the passenger side door. 
Danny smiled at her,"Good Morning Bella." He said as she buckled herself in and shut the car door. The smell of his peppermint gum and axe body spray  was intoxicating and made her feel safe. 
She smiled, "Morning Danny." 
Danny turned the radio on lowly to a classic rock station, "You look terrible." He said as he pulled off driving onto the road, looking at her out of the corner of his eyes. 
Bella sighed and nodded, " I know i didn't get much sleep last night and i woke up late." She said  as she blushed a deep crimson and looked at her hands. She knew she always looked bad, but knew this morning she looked especially terrible, as Danny had said. 
Her short dark brown hair was wild, and stuck out in random places. Her eyes a puffy red from crying the night before from the hopelessness she felt in her heart. Her hair dyed stained gray sweat pants looked horrible with her black t shirt and black converse. 
She didnt want Danny to see her like this, she didnt want anyone to see her like this. She wanted to go back to bed and hide away like a beast in her room. School was the last place she wanted to be going right about now, but she had no choice. 
Danny nodded, "Yeah, me too." 
Funny, Bella thought how Danny always looked so perfect to her. It never occurred to her that maybe he didnt view himself as highly as she viewed him. That maybe once in awhile he didnt look so great to himself.  Bella was incredulous to this revelation. So baffled by it that the thought absorbed her completely and she didnt realize when Danny parked the car and got out. 
 Danny opened her door for her and smiled his angel smile," You coming?" He asked amused. 
She shook her head and cleared her throat while she unbuckled herself," Yeah, your cars just comfortable." She said as she smiled back at him. 
She got out of the car still lugging her heavy backpack and closed the door. Danny locked the car and they walked together into school. 
Danny and Bella looked to find their group of friends who they stood with every morning before class. The first person Bella always spotted was Anthony, a tall awkward boy who was one of the sweetest people you would ever meet. 
Along with Anthony was Candan, and Ciara. 
Anthony was tall, very tall and had a shaved head. His hair was brown and matched his tan skin nicely. 
Candan, was much shorter than Anthony and a little shorter than Bella, who was above average height for a girl. His eyes were beautiful, a calm gray. His skin, tan like Anthonys looked delicious in comparison with his eyes. His hair a light ashy brown was longer than Anthonys but not as long as Dannys. It stopped just below his ears. 
Ciara, a chubby short girl with medium length brown hair and glasses was a little bit moody, but she was Bellas cousin so Bella had to deal with her. 
And then there was Danny. His perfection almost indescribable. Danny was a little taller than Bella and he had light skin that tanned dark in the summer from his Italian roots. His hair a golden brown in the light, covered up his forehead and stopped just above his eyes. With caramel colored eyes and perfect smile, he was Bellas dream.  
These were the people who made Bellas life worth something. Everyday she woke up and didnt want to leave her house. She thought of seeing them and she left, excited to meet up with her friends. 
This helped her for awhile, these thoughts of not being alone. Of being accepted for once in her life. When things went bad later that day, well thats where our story really begins. 


© 2012 Elizabeth Gross


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'd like to see more passionate description in your writing. Don't be afraid to put everything out there, to experiment with detail. Detail isn't just telling someone what it looks like, it's showing them. Try to use a bit more vocabulary and see if you can make it flow a bit more. Flow is something many writers have trouble with, including myself, but it's entirely necessary. If something is too choppy, people can get exhausted reading it.

Try to regard grammar a bit more, and that should get you off to the right start. You don't always need to stick to all the fancy rules, just the ones that make things easier to communicate.

Thank you for sharing! I look forward to new chapters and seeing where this develops!

-Journey

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 20, 2012
Last Updated on October 20, 2012
Tags: Friends, romance, crush, love, teenagers, driving


Author

Elizabeth Gross
Elizabeth Gross

Riverside, RI



About
Im Elizabeth, but i prefer to be called Beth. I have been passionate about writing sense i can remember and enjoy being able to create my own worlds and get lost in my words. more..

Writing