Life of stories

Life of stories

A Story by SparkelStarz
"

A girl who hated reading became an Author...

"

One beautiful morning, in Canada Toronto, lived a sweet little girl called Regina Read. When she was a little girl, she loved and loved drawing. Every Morning she would draw a piece of art for her family. And every day she would tell them that she would love to be an artist when she grew up. She would have many art pieces hanging in her room. They would dance like they were very good at it. And when Regina saw them dance, she would feel safe and very well protected by her art pieces.


But when she turned older and older,she changed from sweet, to rude. She never would ever say “Thank you” or “Please”, and worst of all, she hated reading. When her mum bought her an easy book to read, she would say “ I hate reading” or even “I don’t want to see that thing again”.


One morning,her mum called her to wake up and come down to eat breakfast, otherwise you will be late for school. Regina would never listen to her mum even in an emergency. But today she woke up early because it was her birthday. She went out of her door and swung herself on the bus. When the bus stopped, the student on the bus rushed down the bus, but not Regina. She took a deep breath and leaped off the bus. The bus driver knew it was her birthday so he said “Happy Birthday young fellow!” But Regina did not say “Thank you”, she just walked off and went to her class. Miss.Cinnamon,her class teacher started teaching them English. Regina climbed herself up on her desk, then she took out her English book. Miss.Cinnamon knew it was Regina’s birthday, so she handed her a book. The title said “The Special Fox”. She said “Regina darling, this is a book.It’s your birthday so i decide to give this book to you. Since your last name is Read and is related to stories, can you read a little paragraph for us?”.And of course Regina said “ No”Miss.Cinnamon said”Oh,ok. As you like...” It’s the end of school, Miss.Cinnamon handed every student their homework for that day. Miss.Cinnamon said”Your goal for your homework is to write a story.” As i already told you, Regina hated writing and reading.   When she went back home, she grabbed her homework and threw it on the floor. And magic happened,her pages of homework began to fly out her window! Regina couldn’t believe her eyes! “Hey! Come back!” said Regina.


The pages flew across the jungle, but Regina chased for it. The pages flew past the ocean, but Regina was still chasing for it. The pages flew into a desert, but nothing can stop Regina from chasing for it. Then at last, the pages stopped and was hanging on a tree. Regina sat on a log for a rest. She did not know what was happening, but she knew that the pages had stopped. She realised that she was in a quiet forest where no one was here but herself. Suddenly, the pages hanging on the tree moved. Regina thought she had to chase it again, but this time, it was the tree that moved. He looked old like a grandpa. And at this time, Regina realised it could talk! He said “ Well, well, who is here, another lesson for me to teach. So, why hello. My name is Bertie. I teach every kid a lesson, and you are my one millionth kid to teach a lesson. So,as you see you are in a forest covered with books. All the book has a moral and a lesson, Ah, and here is a perfect book for you to read. Reading can calm you down, it can make the anger flies away. What are you waiting for? Let’s start reading!”.Regina forgotten that she hated books. She started reading, she thought, “ Wow, i have calmed a lot!” Bertie said again “You are one of my special kid. You have a special ability of talking to trees. Here is your secret place. But never tell anyone or you will lose your ability.”


Suddenly, she found herself in her bedroom. Her mum said “Darling,where have you gone?” Regina said “ On an amazing adventure…” Her mum said “Are you free to come down for dinner? Did I disturb you? Did I get your concentration away? I am sorry honey.” “It’s ok, i am sorry that i have been rude and mean to you. You don’t have to apologize to me, I should.” Her mother began to cry with tears and said “What has gone with you? You have changed! You have been back to my little sweetie again!” Regina was happy that she had made her mother proud of her. And from now on, Regina had never bothered about reading, she was now polite to everyone. And ever since she had a problem, she would follow the pages of a book.


When she grew older, she did not become an artist but she became an author. The first book she published was “The Life Of Story”. And as she grew even older, she had kids. Regina could never and ever forgot about the most wonderful adventure in her entire life!


          The End…



© 2016 SparkelStarz


Author's Note

SparkelStarz
Hope you enjoy my short story collection and would like more...
-Candice Lo 10 year old

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on May 20, 2016
Last Updated on May 20, 2016

Author

SparkelStarz
SparkelStarz

Happy Valley, Hong Kong



About
Hey guys!! Check out my stories!!:) more..

Writing