Completed Chapter 4: "Giving a chance"

Completed Chapter 4: "Giving a chance"

A Story by Nariko
"

Chapter 4 of Completed

"

Eiko and Rie walked into the lunchroom. They sat at some seats near the vending machines. Eiko said, “I will get us something to eat. What do you want to eat?” Rie replies, “I want a sandwich.” She nods and walk to the cafeteria lady. She asks for 2 sandwiches and milk. The cafeteria lady puts the sandwiches and milk on a tray.



When Eiko was walking back to her table, Hiroyuki suddenly ran towards her and bumps into her. Eiko starts to fall backwards and the lunch tray lands on the floor. Rie witnessed what has happened and quickly got up to help. Rie lends her hand out. Eiko grabs her hand and dust herself off. Rie asks her, “Are you okay?” She said, “I am okay. Good thing the sandwiches and milk weren’t open.” She picked up the sandwiches, milk and tray. They headed back to their table. She grunted and said, “He should have look at where he was running. He didn’t even stop to apologize. As always, he’s rude.” Rie opens the plastic wrap of the sandwich and said, “Maybe something major happened. He probably had to rush and had no time to apologize.” Eiko puts the straw in the milk and slurps loudly. She said sarcastically, “Yeah sure.”



While Rie and Eiko continued eating their lunch, one of the tables near them was talking about Hiroyuki. A female student said, “He got a call from someone and suddenly his face turned pale. Then he start to look panicked and ran out of the lunchroom.” A male student said, “It might be his ex or something.” The female student shook her head and said, “That’s impossible! I never saw him with any girl!” He said, “He never talks about his relationships. Don’t you think that’s suspicious? He might had a bad experience.” The female student said, “He probably dated some girl who didn’t treat him right.”



Rie looked at Eiko in concern. Eiko finished the last of her milk and slammed her tray loudly. The female and male student jumped in surprise. The female student exclaimed, “What was that for?! You scared me!” Eiko gets up from her seat and glares at her. She cried out, “You have no right to gossip and make false accusations! Especially behind people’s backs! If you have no idea about his situation, then SHUT UP!!!” Her jaw dropped and she became quiet.



Eiko grabbed Rie’s arm and said, “Let’s head back to the classroom before I kick someone’s a*s. They walk out of the lunchroom. Rie stares at the back of Eiko’s head. She grins and said in her mind, “Eiko is always like this. She is never afraid to say what’s on her mind. She even stood up for Hiroyuki despite claiming to hate him. This girl isn’t always completely honest with her words but she shows her honesty through her actions. That’s what I admire about her.”



They head back to the classroom and sat back to their seats. Then, it was time for class. Hiroyuki still hasn’t came back. After an hour of class, Hiroyuki opens the door and walks towards his seat. The teacher asked him, “Hiroyuki, why are you late for class?” Hiroyuki said in a monotone voice, “I had a stomachache.” The teacher asked, “Did you went to the nurse? Are you okay?” He nodded. The teacher said, “If you still feel unwell, notify me.” He nodded. The teacher goes back to the lesson. Hiroyuki stares at the blackboard and doesn’t move for the rest of the period.



The class is over and the teacher asks Eiko to take the textbooks back to the office. Eiko begins to pick up the textbooks from her classmates and takes them back to the teacher’s office. She walks back to class. Hiroyuki gets up from his seat and leave the classroom. His phone rings. Someone send him a message and his eyes are glued to the phone screen.



He starts to turn a corner in the hallway and bumps into Eiko. Hiroyuki’s phone falls to the ground. Eiko rubs her head and says loudly, “Hey! Watch it!” She looks up and notices Hiroyuki staring at the ground. She sees his phone on the ground. She bends down and tries to pick it up. Hiroyuki quickly snatches it. Eiko was caught off guard by Hiroyuki suddenly taking his phone. She stands back up and said, “I was trying to see if I broke it. Is the phone fine? If it’s broken, I can pay for the damages.” He said in a low voice, “It’s fine. You don’t need to pay for anything.” Eiko said, “Are you sure?” His voice suddenly gets louder and he cries out, “I said it’s fine!! Don’t worry about it!” He starts to walk away.



Eiko’s face starts to scowl and she puts her hands in her pockets. She stomps down the hallway and whispers in a irritated tone, “I was just checking to make sure. He didn’t had to lash out on me! He’s such a jerk! I knew it, I never liked his attitude!”



Later that day, Eiko is at home. She heads to her room and starts to prepare playing her game. She notices that Hajime was online. She messages him, “Hello there. How are you today?” Hajime replies, “My day could have gotten better, but I am okay. How are you?” She replies back, “I see. Well if you ever feeling like talking about it. I am here to listen. I could say the same about my day.” He messages her, “Thanks Emiko. I appreciate it. It’s not a big deal. If you don’t mind me asking, what happened? Did something upset you?”



Eiko replied back, “Oh, just some guy in my class. I don’t know the exact details but it seems like something major happened. He bumped into me twice! And he didn’t apologize! I know that he is upset. But at least, pay attention to his surroundings!” Hajime said, “Some people can be so focused on what’s bothering them to the point where they can’t pay attention to their surroundings. I am sure he didn’t mean it. He was distracted with his situation.” She replies, “True. But when it comes to him, I have a hard time believing it.” Hajime asked, “Oh? Why is that?”



She said, “Cause he’s a d****e! Every time I lose, he always rubs it in! He annoys me!” Hajime puts xD face and said, “Haha, sounds like he enjoys teasing you!” She replies back, “It’s not funny!! I don’t like him. And I don’t want him to tease me.” He said, “Even if you don’t like him, at least try to understand his situation. Maybe he’s not as bad as you think.” She said, “I will think about it… It depends on him.”

© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
ignore grammar problems, please tell me what you think of it? I hope you enjoy chapter 4 and thank you for waiting patiently for each chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
Added on April 8, 2018
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing