Completed Chapter 6: "Prospects"

Completed Chapter 6: "Prospects"

A Story by Nariko
"

Chapter 6 of Completed

"

Eiko gets up from the bench. She said, “Well, it’s getting late. We should head back to the classroom.” Hiroyuki nodded. They walk back to the classroom together. Eiko opens the door and sees Rie looking through her phone. Rie looks up from her phone and pouts. She folds her arms and said in an impatient tone, “What took you so long?!! I was waiting for you!” Eiko scratched the back of her head and said, “Sorry. I was just putting gym equipment away.” Hiroyuki pops out from behind Eiko. He said, “Yeah we were putting the equipment away together.”


Rie was surprised at his sudden appearance. She jumped a bit 


and tilted her head. It took her awhile to process what was going 


on. Her mouth dropped and she said astonished, “Y-you two were 


actually spending time together alone???!!!” One of Eiko’s 


eyebrows risen in confusion and she replied casually, “Yeah? Is 


that something amazing?” She nodded her head and risen her 


voice in excitement. She exclaimed, “Because you always said 


how much you didn’t like him, and I never thought you would be 


willing to spend time with him!”


Eiko pinched Rie’s cheeks and said in an annoyed tone, “I still don’t like him, but..” Her voice started to become softer. “But today, I learned he wasn’t as bad as I thought.” Rie’s eyes widen from her words. Hiroyuki laid his hand on her head. He said, “Well you got your answer.” He got his bag and left the classroom and said, “Bye. See you two next week!”


Rie’s face start to brighten and she became all giggly. Eiko looked at her in disgust. Rie smiled big and poked Eiko. Eiko squints her eyes and said, “Why are you acting creepy for?” She said happily, “Because I feel like you two might be something more~” Eiko squeezed both of Rie’s cheeks with one hand. She said annoyed, “Don’t ever assume something as gross as that. I am not interested in dating anyone.” Rie pulls her hand away from her cheeks. She pouts and said stubbornly, “WHY NOT? You can never guess what will happen in the future.”


Eiko waves her hand in the air and said in an unconvinced tone, “Nah, no way. I can’t imagine that happening. Impossible.” She grabs Rie’s hand and said, “Come on. Enough of this talk. Let’s go home.” They walked out of school and went on the train. Eiko walked Rie back to her house. And then, She walked back to her own house.


Eiko was greeted by her twin siblings and went to her room. She closed the door and sat in her chair. She spinned slowly in her chair and thought about what happened today. She sighed and stared at the white ceiling for a few mins. She spinned back to her desk. She started to turn on her computer and loaded her game. A bell sound came from her game. She got a message from Hajime.


Hajime said, “Hello Emiko, How was your day today?” Eiko replied back, “Today was a bit better than yesterday. I talked to the guy, I told you about yesterday. I think you might be right about him not being as bad as I thought. Today we had our first genuine conversation. And it went better than I expected.” Hajime replied back quickly, “Oh? Is that so? Well I am glad to hear that. There is a new event going on today. Wanna fight together?” Eiko smiled and type back, “Of course! Let’s go kick some butt!”

The next day was a weekend. Eiko took her twin siblings to the park. She sat at the bench and watched them play. Fumiko and Shinji were playing tag with other kids. Shinji accidentally tripped onto the concrete floor. Shinji started to cry. Fumiko ran to him and asked if he was alright. Eiko rushed to her little brother. She checked his leg and it was bleeding a bit. She opened her tote bag and got some wipes to clean up the cut. Shinji said, “Ouch!” Eiko continues wiping and said, “Sorry, that it burns a bit from the wipes. It will be okay Shinji.” Fumiko rubs his back and repeatedly say that everything will be okay. After she was done wiping his cut, She took out two types of bandages. She asked, “Now, which band aid do you want? The cool robot bandaid or The cute bunny bandaid?”


Shinji sniffles his nose and points to the bunny band aid. Eiko puts the bandaid on the wound. Meanwhile, Hiroyuki is walking his dog in the same park. He notices Eiko and watches what happens. She smiles and said, “Good choice! Now, look the pain is slowly going away! The magic bunny band aid helps make the pain go away! The bunny hero is here to the rescue.” Shinji wipes his tears and said, “You’re right big sis! The pain is going away. Thank you big sis and Fumiko!”


© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
ignore grammar problems, please tell me what you think of it? I hope you enjoy chapter 6 and thank you for waiting patiently for each chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing