Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Splatman73
"

As you can see, my chapters were much shorter back in 7th grade. Maybe it was a good thing. Also good luck with the dialect I thought was a good ides at the time.

"
  Flattle heard something. He thought it was his mom, but she sounded so far away. He swam up out of the darkness.
  
"Huh,"Flattle woke and saw his mother standing above him. He was in his second story bedroom. His house was one of the more elaborate in the village. When you walked in the door you would find yourself in the living room. The floor was made of fine wood. There was a cushioned bench and a large chair and a small table for setting important items. There was a window behind the bench with a small pot of flowers on the sill, and a table on either side with candles on them. The chair had a table to its left. There was another shorter bench for when guests came. Off to the right was the kitchen and dining room. There was a fireplace with a metal rack and a giant stew kettle. The chopping table, which was off to the fireplace's side, was used for many things, such as mixing, rolling, and other culinary activities. It had three drawers for utensils. There were cupboards above the chopping table for storing various pans and dishes. The dining table was long with a chair at each end and two benches on each side. The back of the living room had the stairwell which led up to the second story where Flattle's, Moac's, and Flattle's mom's room were.

  Flattle's room consisted of his bed, a chest of drawers, and a bedside table. When you walked in the door you wolud see his chest of trinkets from when he was younger. To your right would be his dresser against the wall with the door. The wall perpendicular to the door had his bed against it, and the table to the right with a window behind it.

  "Oh thank goodness your alive. Don't you ever do something that foolish again."

  "Uh-huh," Flattle said groggily." So where is Moac?"

  "He went to call the other otters back from the lake." A knock was heard. "That's probably him now."

  Flattle's mom went to get the door. He reclined back into the bed and tried to think about what had happened that day. He wished he had something for his head. He was starting to regret fighting Fancal. He thought the lump on his head must be the size of a goose egg. That fight had been brutal. The worst thing was, he hadn't even won. He was glad none of his peers had seen it. Especially Moss. He wished she was here now. 

  Moac came in and whispered,"Are you all right? I heard about what happened." 


  "Yeah, I'm just fine. I mean I only almost got killed. Do you think I'm all right?" Flattle winced from yelling.

  "Calm down. I just don't want what happened to your brother to happen to you. Anyways Moss will be coming by soon with some herbs for your head from her mother. Now next question. What were you thinking?"Moac shouted. Flattle grabbed his head in pain.

  "Are you required to shout? Ow!" Somebody else knocked on the front door. He hear his mom say for the guest to come in.

  "Flattle, you have a guest." His mom said, and she walked in with Moss behind her carrying a basket of herbs and flowers.

  "Again, tell your mother thank you for the flowers and herbs. These herbs should make a nice poultice for Flattle and the flowers will certainly brighten up the house."

  "Aye, Thank you ma'am. Ah thought deyah Flattle would like the butercups 'cause o' 'is fondness o' yellah."

  "Yes I'm sure he will like them. Well, I'll leave you three alone up here, while I go make a poultice for Flattle's head. He may not realize it but he bled quite a good deal" And off she went downstairs.

  "I guess that explains why I feel so nauseous," Flattle said. "So how do I look?"

  "Yeh looked pretty banged oop thar. Can yew set oop?" Asked Moss.

  "Yeah, I think so." He replied. As soon as he sat up she slapped him on his right cheek and he promptly flopped right back down.

  "What in blazes wehr yew thinking, lad? Do ya have bees in yah brains?" She screamed. 

  "You know, I have always loved how strong you are, Stone. Ow." He complained as he sat up again.

  "That doesn't ansaw ma question."

  "I was thinking I was tired of those bullying wolves coming in here, taking over our land, taking our food, taking anything they please because they think they're better than us. I thought it was time for something to change around here."

  "An' ya thought that challengen' Fancal was gooin ta do anehthang. Instead oof usin' yohr head, yew weh briusen et."

  "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

  "Most ideahs seem goot at a time. But they ah not, ah tell ya."

  Flattle took a deep breath and replied,"Look, I'm sorry. Your right, I wasn't using my head. But don't you think I'm at least right about how it's time to end the wolves reign?"

  "O' course ah think your raght aboot that. Et's just there ah betteh ways to take care o' things such as this."

  "Such as what, seek the elder?"

  "An' why not."

  "Because he's probably dead. Do you truly think he might be alive."

  "Aye, lad. He is as alive as a newborn otter. An' ah think we shou' pay him a visit"

  "Dinner is ready. Moss your mother wrote a note saying your welcome to stay," Flattle's mother said.

  "Coming," they responded. 


© 2016 Splatman73


Author's Note

Splatman73
Having fun? That's good. You can probably see why i gave up on it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on October 28, 2016
Last Updated on October 28, 2016
Tags: fantasy, abandoned project


Author

Splatman73
Splatman73

Monroe, NC



About
I like to write fantasy and most of what I publish will probably be unfinished or first drafts. My writing also tends to be really long so fair warning there. If you write Magical Fantasy please let m.. more..

Writing
Hourglass Hourglass

A Poem by Splatman73