The End of It All

The End of It All

A Chapter by Splatman73
"

This includes some ending scenes for both the Wolf Haven series and my Tales of the Imagi Series. Seth is from the Imagi series.

"
At the end of all the series-
Early June, Three years ago
[Author's note: Seth's part is from a different series that I plan to work on later.]
Seth woke up. His dream was fading fast, but he sat up and reached for the notebook and pencil beside his bed. He began writing furiously, trying to record as much as he could from the dream. It had been long, covering the span of years. He had joined an organization that used magic to defend another world. His girlfriend had even been there, captured by some ancient evil.
He glanced at the mirror in the corner of his room. It had served as a door between his world and the other one. His cd player, sitting on his desk, had inspired him to write powerful spells. He had been friends with a dragon, met werewolves, and fought elves. He had done amazing, fantastical, unbelievable things no other person on earth could claim they had done. 
And yet, as he thought about it, it seemed so real. True, many dreams feel real while you are in them, this one felt more like a dream about going to the grocery store. It obviously couldn’t be real, because reality didn’t have magic.
Seth climbed out of bed and moved to his desk to continue writing. He didn’t bother to change into clothes more suited for the day.  He desperately wanted to remember this dream more than any other dream he had recorded in this notebook or notebooks prior. This dream held special meaning to him. A fiery sense of urgency sped his hand, making many words illegible to any but himself. 
An hour later he set down the pencil and leaned back into the chair. Images had evaded the grasp of his mind, but in the end, he ad written as much as he could remember. He had taken more pages than he had intended and had been writing short phrases to describe entire scenes as his hand had begun to cramp. He looked out the window at the rising sun. Today would be a beautiful day. He stood up and pushed his chair. He needed to go downstairs and get some breakfast. He had yard work  to do today for some people around the neighborhood. Later tonight, he had a date with Lily. He smiled, ignoring his dream, and left his room, closing the door behind him. Today was going to be a good day. 
-------- And so will conclude the Tales of the Imagi Knights
Late August, 3? years ago
Connor looked out the window of Matt’s car. He couldn’t quit thinking about the dream he had had last night. It was incredibly real even though it had obviously been impossible. He had been a werewolf. There was something about a Beast? He couldn’t remember all the details. It was a fuzzy mess of fear and confusion. But there had also been some happy moments. There had been an island and he had made friends with some of the other werewolves there. There had been celebrations. He’d even taken a girl to prom.
“Yo, Connor!”
Connor turned his head to the passenger seat where his best friend Ty sat. Ty was looking back at Connor and it seemed that he had called Connor’s name a few times already. Connor shook his head to try and bring himself back to the present. “Yeah, sorry. What?”
“You okay? You’ve been really quiet.”
Connor nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine. Just thinking.”
“Well, at least you’re awake,” Matt said. “We’re almost to Glolan. It’s about another mile.”
“I still can’t believe you got us into this party,” Ty said.
Connor turned back to the window as the brothers continued talking about the party they were travelling to. Connor didn’t care much for parties, but Ty had wanted him to come and he had relented after enough pestering. Still the night was young and full of possibilities.
They parked and walked into the woods, following a map that had been provided to Matt. The baseline to some song could be heard first as they approached. Upon arriving, a boy that Connor was pretty sure was a senior greeted them. “Hey, welcome, glad you could make it Drinks and stuff are over that way,” he said as he pointed with both hands to their left, “and I would be careful with the punch bowl. I’m pretty sure I saw Mike over there earlier and it looked like he was refilling it.”
“Thanks,” said Matt. “We’ll be sure to take care [keep that in mind].” He gave Ty a look that made it clear he was to avoid it.
“Dude, chill,” Ty responded.
Connor smiled. He was sure Ty would make a bee line for that punch bowl as soon as he was out of Matt’s sight, mostly because Matt had told him not to. Connor followed Matt and Ty into the core of the excitement. This looked like the beginning to a great year. 


© 2017 Splatman73


Author's Note

Splatman73
Mostly looking for feedback on how it makes you feel. I'm aiming for nostalgia and sadness that a reader would experience when they get to the end of the series and they remember all the good times they had with the series.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on December 6, 2017
Last Updated on December 6, 2017
Tags: fantasy, werewolf, magic


Author

Splatman73
Splatman73

Monroe, NC



About
I like to write fantasy and most of what I publish will probably be unfinished or first drafts. My writing also tends to be really long so fair warning there. If you write Magical Fantasy please let m.. more..

Writing
Hourglass Hourglass

A Poem by Splatman73