The ford Abstracted

The ford Abstracted

A Story by George Stal
"

A Satire on modern society and secrets we would all like to keep hidden

"

 

Welcome to The Ford, home of the automatic giggle machine and frydulator.

its metallic streak streets, encrusted with the spilt ruby and amber spinal fluid of our shuffling mass.

Wounds fester , gained by the glint of Sharps in caged alley wa ys and Severe Ultimate Repression.

They all follow the code now, conducting the Laws of le regime actuel , carved by sickles; hooded Death has resorted to moonlighting due to the current economic climate. Three laws to control the land , Three to condemn.

1. Our Word is infallible ( Always, everycase, situation, judgement, policy , votes, doctrine and standards are  all included in said 'Word')

2. Buy ; in every sense of the term.

3. No lawn must be over 0.5 inchs.

4 . Be scared , Be very Scared.

5. All unapproved films, literature, artworks, essays, comicbooks, Non-fiction, manuals, documents and notes are hereby banned to burning , see the endless corresponding list of contraband at

6. Only the coolest survive.

 

            The last especially poignant proclamation, Ideal routine to fool the populace in distraction by self-obsession. Too busy saving for those new "Melodic" shades to notice a tax hike, par-ci par-la, contented by a slick new suit, oil black slashed with thick red gouges was the fashion

and everyone wore it. If you didn't :

scornful eyes , whispered expletives , fervoured questioning and the disgust of blows shall land in your world . The great Bio engineer Frank Metan devised the plan strung out on Posh while trying to systematically observe Ego's growth in relation to the snow. Lizard cold , his attempt to detach the self scrutinizing his receptors serotonin rush , calculations to quantify Everything;

 

But only got half a line in and F**k It ! I can't achieve anything for myself with this absurd casestudy ! Lets do something interesting.

            Chunks of lip bite as he wrote The Theory of Trend ; Having IT and fluxed style: a skittering jittering collection of vague disjointed fashion babble  and Narcissism. Barely legible except for its conclusion written during cold sucking crave of mourning .

            Clear as a ghost read his final remarks :

"The Hit of the popular, attention delivers its shot sparks elect in the cortex, becoming the most sought out chemical shift known to Man . Complimented the craving cycle hits fast, fixed is surrounding interest, the hooked mind is compelled in the search for just one last glance. Husk left crackles in its only concern; To Be Seen and reflected and refracted beaming by the plastic Zap onto every screen flicker this side of the yukon.  By anybody and everyone ; seeking to Buy all manner of  accessories for their looking glass addiction. As no one is safe from this affliction , developed on the first reflection as subject sinks in impressed image. All mirrors , windscreens , stain glass , stainless steel and puddling water disgress this illness among the nation as it is impossible to destroy every mirrored surface.       Final Act : Spotting a Cist ( colloquial term I just invented)  is easy . Just look in the mirror. "

 

The theory fell into the worst hands, always at the top, who saw amongst the agitated scrawl a form for the perfect society, vain sheep bleat , with image to guide. Their styled dogs , snarling and snapping at the slowest yew, not yet able to walk without leaning on mother, soft quilt powder shaky fall. The yew slumps to grass , useless legs giving up. Wolves behind eye crazed canine , red flicker sees reject for being slow, they pounce at the silent Yew, cloudy wool soak of scarlet, teeth wrench and rip tender flesh. Leaving the Head for last, pull back to observe the Yew inexpiably still alive stare of agony, one final shriek echos , Skull does crunch.

 

            That is how The Bureau regards The Ford, their metaphors always refer by massacre, No Question.

 

            To and fro scurrying , on nos observe, skyline impaled by TheGrande; a zenith construction of material Mythology.  Flashing lumine neon burn inferno , light upon light atop advert pasted to Billboard screwed in copyrighted concrete. TheName shines 10x the power of the sun but is filtered to Extreme Glow , tolerable to avoid the complaints of shined loss of sight for that Concerned consumer. Original wattage blinding shoppers, stumbles of bubbling eyes, pro - mo recycled rooms, taking weeks to find customer services. This delay in the danger being pointed out by the first victim caused countless , even more pointless, cases of seared sight across The Ford.

Twisted angels of double talk and jeers jump up with the solution to satisfy. Implanting social ideal to the trend projected ; Blind became the new Hip, replaced , the next 'Real Black Cat' (term of the elite social network) . Applied by canes toting , fire green bursts along the stick, Dark shaded, slashed with purple , green and sunset, diagonal cutting plain dressin' , browns and beige tie-dyed insanity. Dog followers ; Canine  replaced by mutenic mutts crafted to draw the eye. Froth and hunger drip off iridescent azure fur , second layer of teeth inlayed with platinum diamonds, gold coalescing silver twisting when ragin' . Designed thus eyes hued by its moods, Greed to hate to so so violent wrath. The gifted hellhounds of the sightless, zero training. Meanwhile ,

all over The Ford a  phenomenon known as 'plucked perception' or "the Plucks" was occurring as the dispossessed vain seeing this brand new flash, urgent 'braille' look. Instantly disqualified just by seeing it. The Barricade slams, stops signs and No! Warning! don't be a f*****g moron.

But the inevitable slip to be what others desire. Their only logical option, Fanatic fashionistas frustrated screams, plunging broken champagne bottles , slammed long stemmed roses and slit by gilt edged invites Each taking their vision in the eccentric extravagance wealth affords. Thick ooze of scraped socks and the dull smile of rain.

 

            Thunder peddling streets crack on an Arc. The First Blind discover their new guides were not of the usual kind , An unseen smirk on opening night. Savaged fear bears down the visually impaired , dying in black, pain unfolding countless being without reference . Death by mauling.

            The Ford Welcomes you, Any can travel the sewage slick way. All it takes is a stare of slate and designer labels. Coco telle trudging in the trashheap searching for her new fragrance. Fashion

departs

extravagance.  

© 2011 George Stal


Author's Note

George Stal
Tear This Apart

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

abstract writing ...i dig it. Strange, and beautiful beat prose. story was well done and has a place in a penny dredful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


All righty then....... I envision you writing this in a hoody and sunglasses, at night.

The Ford... a car? a theater? an actor?
I think Ted Kaczynski's manifesto was shorter.... but digression is contagious.

In summation, your author's note is dead on. Tear this apart, there are volumes here, you've coalesced hundreds of tangents together, your mind works VERY fast, the bits and pieces, the sentences and plot conflicts are inconsequential in the lava flow. Go back and use this one, singular piece to pull the entrails and ligaments of other focused writes out of.

intense stuff to be sure, surreal, nightmarish, you'd make Dean Koontz nervous.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2011
Last Updated on September 7, 2011

Author

George Stal
George Stal

Bedford, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom



About
Nothing but Stardust... more..

Writing
S.O.C 2# S.O.C 2#

A Poem by George Stal