Distance

Distance

A Poem by StarSandwich

Do you wake in the morning with a smile on your face. Do you think about me does your heart start too race. I don't know if you do and I don't care if you don't. Put pressure on things is something I won't.

Is it days is it months I can't tell anymore. Do you get up in the morning drag your feet on the floor. Or are you up early just before dawn. Do you see the sunset break across the lawn. It it yellow is it orange does it mark an new day. One for new beginnings or so people say.

Are the night long and lonely? Or are they more homely. With old friends and some new, do you laugh and smile. With people you walk with for miles and miles. Will Christmas be pretty, will the snow stick around. Is joy and laughter a thing to be found.

With other a thousand questions I long to ask you. But I'm afraid you'll forget me and just ask me who? I don't know what we are or what we will be. I'm not ready yet to give you all of me.

Is it weird is it strange how we are both are just the same. Running from our demons yet too be faced, does this make us lame? It it the commitment we fear? Or the voices we hear.

I don't know what will happen when you get back. With all of my confidence I just suddenly lack. Just know I will be waiting and too you I'll be true. Just promise me this you won't feel blue.

I Hope it's nice where you are. Even if it's far.

© 2015 StarSandwich


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on December 20, 2015
Last Updated on December 20, 2015
Tags: Long, poem, live, love, issues, commitment, fear, Linley, morning, sunset, Dawn, snow, what