Little Voice

Little Voice

A Chapter by StarSandwich
"

I still fight with the small voice in the back of my head telling me right from wrong. In the end the small voice wins and I'm saved from yet another stupid mistake.

"
Shes telling me not to do it, but I ignore her selfishly. I want this right? My hand grasped onto the rose its thrones digging into the palm of my hand. Pain, it wasn't much but it was a tiny tingly feeling. Blood fell from my hand and hit the floor silently. The little voice speaks to me once more. "Don't do it" her words repeating in my head. "Is he worth it" the little voice spoke louder, questioning my choices. Staring out the window into the open space, fields that seemed to never end. The rose fell from my grasp and hit the floor landing on the blood spatters that had fell from its stork. I watched as blood fell from my fingertips. "You wont be able to do it, don't think about it" the little voice was louder, rattling though my skull. Why is life so difficult? choices that I cant seem to make on the spot. But now I will, I'll ignore that small voice I'll do what I feel. "You don't know what you wan't, just wait" the small voice stopped me in my tracks, my hand out stretched to the handle wanting to open the door. My bloody hand clenched the brass handle and turned it. The door opend with a silent creak. It open revealing the hallway, its old builed it was old but yet looked so new. I hesertated to move, my black gown toutching the floor but flowing up like smoke. I couldnt move. "See you can't face his rage you can't run away with him" I took a step out the room and ran down the hallway holding my dress in my hands. I can do this, I can get away. "You should stay in that room till your called" the small voice yelled. Shut up. I made it to the landing, to the open stairs that lead down to the font door. All perfect marble, they were pure, stairs to freedom away from this hell hole. A new life, a clean start with him, the man I love. "Turn around, go back to the room" the small voice snapped. I took the first step on the stairs my black gown covering a small part of the marble like I was some hell breaking against purity. A drop of blood from my hand fell and hit the marble, I forgot I had cut myself. 
"Shes a sinner, I told you the girls not pure she sides with the devil" a voice boomed from an open door coming off the great entrance hall. "A demon"" The voice became louder. My master. I took another step, my door of freedom calling me stearing me in the face. 
"But what if she was to leave master" a quite voice came from the room a voice unknow to me, was it a new worker. "Leave before you hear something you dont want to hear" the small voice warned, but i stayed put and listend.
"I would hunt her down and kill whoever she befriends" he snapped. I gulped. "That girl is my luck my wealth the one who kills though who stand in my way" he snapped at the the man who was talking to him. Probably a common slave boy. I stared at the door, is it worth the risk. Being with the one I love bringing him misfortune and maybe death. Can I take the risk? To be happy and free or is it really a lie, I wont be free these inviable chains that bind me to this house to my master will always be there pulling me back even if I escape. "You understand not" the small voice spoke. I turned on the balls of my feet and headed back down the hall to the the room I came from, my fists clenched tight. A blood trail being left behind as it dripped from my cut hand.

My fight with the small voice in the back of my head telling me right from wrong how I try to ignore that voice how I try to move forward. How I want to win this battle between her and me. But In the end the small voice always wins and I'm saved from yet another stupid mistake. 


© 2011 StarSandwich


Author's Note

StarSandwich
towards the end I got distracted so if the story doesn't flow I'm so sorry :/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent write. Very captivating.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ha this one made me grin. I love the concept of the battle someone has with themself. You actually did a good job with it too. It made sense, it flowed and it was a good read. Great Job as usual~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
not bad, lot of spelling errors but the story is good, something I'd like to see continued.
Maybe a part II?

Posted 12 Years Ago


it totally flowed. hahaha another great story. (=

Posted 12 Years Ago


no no problem it was really good a really great explaining of consciense how dare that master i hate the master i love the beggining and middle and end i loved it !!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2011
Last Updated on October 19, 2011



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Edge The Edge

A Poem by Tasha


Character Character

A Story by TJ