Bloody Present

Bloody Present

A Story by Project022

I was walking down a dark street. It wasn’t really safe, but it was the quickest way to my house. My best friend is coming to see me after all these years of being overseas with his girlfriend. Well.. he has a lot of people to see, but he promised me he would see me first. We’ve known each other for our whole lives, our parents were best friends so we got to hang out alot.

I continued to walk for a little bit. I started passing by one of the many alleys on this street.


*Drip.. Drip..*


I stopped after hearing a dripping sound of a liquid hitting the cold, cement pavement, in the distance, from the alleyway. I turned to face to alley. I know it would have been smarter to run away, but something inside of me wanted to check it out. I pull my backpack off my back, unzipped it, and started rummaging through it. Finally, I found my flashlight, grabbed it, and pulled it out of my bag. I zipped my backpack up and threw in back onto my shoulders.

Suddenly as I was ready to turn on the flashlight and walk in the alley, my heart sank to my stomach. I started shaking. I didn’t understand why though.. A few moments ago I was so curious, but now I just feel like running away.. Like whatever was making that dripping sound in the alleyway would ruin my life forever.

A few moments pass and I finally shake off the nerves. My curiosity started to kill me. I turned on the flashlight and aimed it at the alleyway. I breathed in and out then started slowly entering the alleyway.

Every step I took, the dripping sound got more and more closer. Suddenly I see a liquid in the distance, as I get a bit closer to it I saw that it was very dark red. The smell of blood suddenly hit my nose like a brick, my eyes widen while my pupils got smaller as I covered my nose.

My body starts shaking a lot, but I feel like I have to continue. I have to know who’s blood this is. I gulp then start walking through the blood. There is so much blood. The person must have died a few hours ago.

I walk a little farther then suddenly drop to my knees. Tears start streaming down my eyes like a waterfall. I continue to hold up the flashlight even though I really wanted to drop it. I didn’t wanna believe what I was seeing. I thought for a moment I might be dreaming and pinch myself, but when I opened my eyes again I still saw the person and felt the pain of the pinch.

The person laying in front of me is.. My best friend..

His limb body was hanging from a wall. His legs, fingers, and eyeballs were missing. Blood dripping out from the places they were missing from. He was very pale, his clothes were stained with blood.

Suddenly, something on the left side of him was caught by my flashlight. I slowly turned the flashlight and saw a line drawn from blood. My tears started flowing faster as I continued to turn my flashlight. The blood continued onto a different building. Then I saw an arrow made from the blood. I continued to where the arrow was pointing.

I saw words made with blood. It said, “SERA, DO YOU LIKE YOUR PRESENT..?”

© 2017 Project022


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very macabre. I enjoyed it even though I usually don't like this kind of story. My only complaint is that you keep changing tense throughout the story. Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine. Otherwise it's very cool.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Project022

5 Years Ago

thank you very much for the honesty ^^ I'll make sure to try and fix that in later writings (:
Loved it c: really had me on the edge of my seat! Good one


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Present? Did he sacrifice himself as a gift?

Posted 6 Years Ago


Project022

6 Years Ago

That's the mystery I wanted to get out of this. Did he kill himself or did someone else kill him.
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

Okay, I get it, clever one. Enjoyed reading this.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2017
Last Updated on December 15, 2017

Author

Project022
Project022

MI



About
Hii everyone..! Welcome to my page (: Please feel free to review some of my writings (I would really appreciate if you review my new book called Fated To You) If you would like for me to review.. more..

Writing