Teva's Tear

Teva's Tear

A Story by ~ Stefanny ~

Brilliant lights flashed and crackled with destructive power but Adyran managed to dodge them skillfully. He has in his hands, beautiful but deadly bow made from willow which was an inheritance from his father, a famous bowman known for his accuracy and stealth.

“ Is that the best you can do, mage ?” as he dodged a few more spells while taunting the mage who aimed the spells at him.

The mage gnashed his teeth in anger and sent a blast of fire at Adyran but he missed again.

“ Hah, missed again ! You are really a useless mage,” taunted Adyran and he shots a barrage of arrows at the mage.

The mage tried to back away from the arrow but his back was against the solid grey wall of the cave. One by one, the arrows penetrated into the mage. The mage’s eyes widened in shock and pain as fresh red blood spurted out from his wounds. Soon, he collapsed into a heap on the ground, the blood pooling underneath him.

Adyran looks away from the mage’s body without remorse. This is war and there is no time for guilt. The death of this mage will not be a loss to the enemy. The enemy has thousands and thousands under his command.

“ Adyran, look out !”

Adyran leaps away in time as an arrow flies through the air and landed in the ground beside him.

“ Thanks Sairin. That was a close one,” grinned Adyran while giving her the thumbs up.

Sairin gave Adyran a weary smile and casts a healing spell on one of their injured members. The wound on the leg of the injured mage glowed and faded away as she completes the spell. The mage stood up gingerly and tested his weight on his leg.

“ I think it’s all better now. Thank you, Sairin. I was careless when I went against the fighter. I lost my balance and he slashed my leg with his axe. Luckily, Adyran managed to kill him before he made me into mince pie,” grimaced the mage, Qwan.

Sairin punched his shoulder playfully and replied, “ It’s my job to heal, cure and revive. Now, get on with the fight and win the battle.”

“ I will win the battle for you, Sairin. You’re our best cleric !” Qwan ran off to help a fellow fighter who was struggling to kill an enemy archer.

Adyran’s heart swelled with pride. Sairin, his wife, is one of the best cleric in the land. Her knowledge of healing and curing are vast and she’s an experienced cleric. Her clerical skills are unrivaled. She can heal, restore, cure and buff you before you could say, “Buff please.” They are under good care as long as she’s their cleric.

The battle continued for another hour. The numbers of the enemy are dwindling but the enemy still outnumbered them by the hundreds. However, Adyran and his comrades are holding well so far. They are among the best of each of their classes. They have to resist the onslaught of the enemy for as long as they can until more reinforcement from the city arrived. With the reinforcement, they could easily defeat the enemy.

Suddenly, the Arch Mage of the enemy shouted, “ Kill the cleric. Kill her and we shall obliterate them easily. “

The long staff with a dark gem of the Arch Mage pointed towards Sairin. The enemy charged towards Sairin under the order of the Arch Mage. Sairin casted a healing spell on a fighter, her brows tight in concentration, oblivious to the fact the she is now the main target of the enemy.

“ Sairin, get away from there ! ” shouted Adyran hoarsely. He ran towards Sairin, trying to protect her from the horde of enemy charging toward her with all the intent of killing her, shooting arrow after arrow at the enemy. Only a few of the enemy were killed and the rest of them surged towards Sairin like an unstoppable wave.

Sairin opened her eyes in shock as the ground before her was struck and blackened by spells and arrows from the enemy. She quickly casts a shield of invincibility and sprinted away in bid to outrun the enemy. Arrows and spells struck her shield with tremendous force but the shield is still intact and whole, protecting her from harm.

“ Everyone protect Sairin !” Adyran shouted while trying to take down as many of the enemy as he can with his arrows. But his comrades are too far away to hear him. Only Qwan managed to hear him over the sounds of battle, the cries of pain and suffering from the injured.

Qwan casted a spell in front of the enemy. A pool of angry bright-red burning fire appeared on the ground. Some of the enemy withered and die in agony, their body turning into grey ashes.

“ May you burn forever in he-,” Qwan stopped in mid-sentence as a deadly spell struck his chest and he crumpled to the ground.

“ Qwan ! ” cried Sairin in despair. Suddenly, her shield flickered once, then twice and died. Her energy is drained from the effort to keep the shield up. She doesn’t have energy to recast the shield again.

An arrow struck Sairin’s shoulder and she stumbled in pain. Before Adyran could shout a warning, she was thrown backwards onto a rock by a blasting spell. Her back struck against the rock with force and she slided down the rock onto the ground, shuddering in pain. Her back is laid on the ground with a strange angle. Suddenly, she lay still, not moving anymore.

“ Sairin, nooooo !” Adyran cried. He scrambled to where Sairin’s body laid, not caring that the enemy are nearing him. He cradled Sairin in his arms, shaking her as if he was trying to rouse her from sleep. But her body only shook limply without life. Her once bright and inquisitive eyes are extinguished forever.

“ I’ll kill you ! I’ll kill you all ! “ screamed Adyran in blind rage while hugging Sairin’s body tightly against his chest. The enemy only laughed cruelly as they surrounded Adyran. A fighter raised his sword high, aiming for Adyran’s unprotected and exposed neck.

Adyran felt a sharp pain on his neck and then dullness as he collapses beside Sairin’s body. He could feel his warm blood spilling across his chest and soaking the ground.

Sairin, I’m coming to join you, he thought as he sank into comforting darkness.

© 2009 ~ Stefanny ~


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this! Very nice scenes of action and feeling. Is this a small tidbit? Or is it apart of something more?
Keep up the good work!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 4, 2009

Author

~ Stefanny ~
~ Stefanny ~

About
People know me as a quiet person but once they really get to know me, they will be slightly surprised. I can be sarcastic and funny at certain times. However, I prefer peace and quiet. I like to be al.. more..

Writing
Art Art

A Poem by ~ Stefanny ~


Lost Lost

A Poem by ~ Stefanny ~