Chapter 1-Bob

Chapter 1-Bob

A Chapter by Ellay
"

Bob's point of view

"

Sunlight...

Its too bright for my taste.

How do I survive then without going into the sunlight, you ask? Well, I don't. I mean, I just don't go outside at all. You could probably tell by just walking into my room that I never left it for anything, ya know, except the bathroom of course. But now, now that school is starting again, its going to be a little harder to avoid the sunshine.

“Bob, sweetie, time to get up! You don't want to miss your first day back at school, would you?” I hear my adopted mom say.

I started to get dressed in my usual clothes. You know, week old shirt with dirty pants that has who knows what on them. Oh, and don't forget the socks that were white but now have a puke-ish color. This outfit attracts all the babes. Not really, but I wish it did even though that would be really strange.

I go downstairs and grab an apple and try to leave quickly so my mom doesn't see me and give me a kiss. I mean, I’m 17! That is practically an adult. I’m a man, and men don't get kisses from their mommy. But, sadly, she notices me.

“Where do you think your going, mister?”

“To school. You know, the place where you learn useless junk that doesn't do you any good in life.”

“You’re not leaving without something.”

“What, my bag? I have it. Now I must be leaving. Fair thee well” I say as I rush out the front door and run down the street. In my rush to get away from my mother’s lips that were barreling down to my cheek, I almost ran into Skippy. Or as my friends and I like to call him, Flippy. He is crazier than a caffeinated squirrel, and that is saying something.

“Whoa, what’s the rush dude? Is there, like, a giant dinosaur coming towards you and is going to eat you?”

“More or less. My mother just tried to kiss me.But I’m a man now, and men don't get kisses. It isn't in our nature.”

“I feel your pain, brother. So, do you like my outfit? Huh, huh?”

I looked down at his outfit. I almost wanted to laugh, but puke at the same time. Yellow puffy pants paired with a purple shirt that said “Mom likes me best”. And to top it off, he was wearing shoes that were 5 sizes too small. This outfit definitely didn't fit, and it was so stupid that no one should ever wear it out somewhere.

“Umm.....its nice. Why does it say mom likes me best?” I say.

“When you grow up with 3 older siblings, you want to know who is the favorite child. And don't listen to what John says, I’m moms favorite”

“I don't want to be rude, but I don't care.” I start to walk away, and Flippy follows. He starts to poke me in the back. Geez, this guy is annoying I think.

“What?! Did you see a squirrel or something, because we are not stopping to see if it will chase us.”

“No, Graphten is trying to catch up with us. I, as a loyal friend, am stopping so he can catch up.”

“Yeah, whatever.” I look behind me and, sure enough, Graphten was trying to catch up with us. He looked like he was drowning beneath his giant backpack. I stopped.

“Hey, Graphten, long time no see. And I literally mean that I can't see you, just you're legs. You ok under that giant lump of a backpack?”

Graphten finally caught up with us. He was sweating buckets and his hair was plastered to his forehead.

“Just fine, you know, other than the fact that I’m being crushed to death.”

“What do you keep in there, anvils?” I asked.

“You have anvils?! Can I have one! Please, pretty please with cherries on top” said Flippy as he jumped around in circles. He had a grin on his face that would put the Joker to shame.

“Hey, Skippy. I see you still are a little Flippy. Get it? Cause thats his nick name. LAUGH!!!”

I started laughing. If it was any of my other friends, I wouldn't have laughed when they tell me to. But this is Graphten, the angry one in my little bunch of friends. He is like a bear; don't provoke it and you will be fine. Good riddance to you if you anger him.

~

We finally got to school after 5 minutes of trying to calm Flippy down. It was a nightmare. We finally got a break when he saw that they repainted the school and went to ask the janitor what color it was, beige or tan. I started to look around to find Pepe.

“Who are you looking for? You mommy, Evans?!” I hear behind me.

I turn around and the last person I wanted to see in the whole universe was there.

Kelly Cantu. She’s a big know-it-all. Scratch that. A huge know-it-all.

“Shut it Kelly!” I said. As I said this, Pepe walked in, obviously with his book in hand. Yeah, he’s a nerd. He picks his head up and looks at me.

“Hey Bob. Have you ever read this book, its.....oh. Hello Kelly” he says.

“Pepe” she says “Whatcha got there, nerd. A stupid little book. Figures. I bet if Bob here were dying, you wouldn't take your head out of your book long enough to notice.” She started to laugh, and in that moment I wanted to destroy her. As she walked away, I made a rude gesture that would give my mom a heart attack if I did it to her.

“I swear, I am going to destroy her.” Pepe says. Yeah, we are like two peas in a pod. We can, like, read each others minds. Its pretty wicked.

“Hey, Kevin! Come here!” Pepe says. I see Kevin hanging out with Rosalita, the last person I want to see, besides Kelly. She is practically Kevin’s girlfriend, but if you ask either of them they will say otherwise. Kevin just says their friends, but if you saw them together you would think they were a couple. My friend, Ralph, learned the hard way that you should never mention our little secret about their dating to them. He was in a body cast for a month. Now that I think about it, it was kinda funny. It was like being friends with a mummy or something. Anyway, back to reality.

Kevin looked over at us and tried to say bye to Rosalita, but she just kept trying to make him stay. I can not stand Rosalita when she does that. I mean, she is nice, but sometimes it is like I am talking to Kelly, but not as bad. I finally went over to Kevin and pulled him away from her.

“Dude, if you want him to know that you love him, than just say it. Its not nice to keep secrets like that from your true love” I said to Rosalita. At that moment, she looked like she could rip me to shreds. But I’m not scared of her, she is as skinny as a beanpole and as tall as my aunt, and that is saying something. My aunt Lea could put a basketball player to shame.

“Better watch your mouth, Robert, or a little birdy will tell the principal that you were the one that broke her security cameras with your football.” Rosalina said with a sly grin on her face. Oh, how I wanted to slap it right off her face. I pulled Kevin over to Pepe and Graphten.

“Did you really break the security cameras, Bob?” asked Graphten. Should I tell him. I don't want to get in trouble, you know, again. Don't ask. Worse thing that happens if I tell him is that I get suspended. Oh well. You only live once, right?

“Yeah, why? Ya gonna turn me in? I doubt it.” I said trying not to run away. I knew that he was going to yell at me. This, will be fun. That is sarcasm, by the way.

“What did you say!!!!!!!!!! You think I’m not good enough to turn you in.”

“I didn't say that. Dude, seriously, chill.” Now I’m in trouble.

“Chill!! Chill! That is like telling a bunch of bee’s to stop killing the bear population”

Ok, now I’m just really confused.”Excuse me? The bear population? Bee’s can't kill bears their like, half their size.”

Pepe butted into our conversation.“The bears are not smaller than bee’s, Bob. I think you need help. Mental help. I know somebody who...”

“I meant that bee’s are half the size of bears. Well, actually, their smaller. But what I’m trying to say is, Graphten, what is up with the bee’s killing bears!!!!” I yelled. People were now starting to stare at us. Oh great, public humiliation. Just what the doctor ordered. Again, sarcasm. You’ll soon learn that I’m very sarcastic, if you haven't already.

“You people are dumb! Thats right Pepe, I called you dumb. The bears are dying because bee’s are attacking them because bears steal their honey! Morons!!!!.” Graphton stormed off, pushing people out of his way. I warned you he had temper issues. You just didn't listen. Ok, I didn't listen. Whatever. Don't judge me. I have feelings too, you know.

“Bob, I think we should get inside. It looks like there's a nasty storm coming.” Pepe said glancing at the sky. When I glanced up, I saw he was right. Dark clouds were coming, but they didn't look normal. They had a purple- black hue, and it was creepy. As I was looking down, something caught my eye. It was half buried under an elm tree, and it was kinda shiny. Pepe noticed that I saw something.

“What is it?” he said with worried look in his eye “Are you okay? You look like you're gonna pass out. Do you need to go to the nurse?”

“Na, I’m good. Just saw something. I’ll catch up with you inside.”

“Okay, if you say so, Its your funeral.” he said. He started to catch up with his friends, Alec and Harry, and they went inside the school.

I started to walk towards the shiny little object when I bumped into someone. Oh great, another obstacle in my way to the shiny thing. I looked up and saw it was Christine. She dropped all of her books so, being a gentleman, I helped her pick them up.Christine and I have known each other since middle school. I think were friends but I don't know, we don't see each other that often. Its complicated. Don't ask, just don't.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. I’m so clumsy.” she said shyly. She picked up her stuff and ran off. Hmm, weird. I started to walk towards the shiny object again when I saw Ralph. He was talking to his younger brother, Roger. I decided to get their help with the shiny thing .It could be dangerous, like a bomb or something. If I have to die, it might as well be with my friend and his brother. I walked over to them and asked “Hey, Ralph? Can you come with me. I need help with something.”

“Umm, sure Bob. What is it? Is Flippy stuck to the roof again because I am not getting the paint roller this time” he asked.

“No, this isn't about Flippy. I saw something over there and I need to make sure it isn't a bomb. It probably isn't, but you know, you can't be too careful.”

“Thats nice. You want to blow up with me, how sweet.” he said trying not laugh. He’s cool like that. In our possible impending death, he’s laughing. We walked over to the tree and I picked up the object.

“It’s just a stupid pocket watch?! Who uses these anymore, old guys?” said Roger. I was also a little disappointed. I was expecting something cool or magical, because what usually glows like that?! Not a lot of things!

“Ah,well. I guess it was nothing important. Maybe another day we can actually find something magical, huh Ralph?” I said.

“Yeah, whatever Bob. I gotta get to class, see ya.” he said.

I probably have to get to class too. Should I take the watch with me? Hmmm. Maybe I can use it as a prop in the school play. Its nothing important or valuable so I guess I can use it

I didn't know how wrong I was at that moment.



© 2015 Ellay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a really good story. I love how the last sentence leaves us wondering. "I didn't know how wrong I was at that moment" You really know how to hook a readers attention

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ellay

8 Years Ago

Thank you :D I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Love this... I really like the writing style (laid back and witty) and the first person point of view really works well here... Bob is obviously a smart guy and a funny one... and the end has me hooked... now i want to read more...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ellay

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much :) I have over 26 chapters of this already written, and I will hopefully post th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 4, 2015
Last Updated on July 4, 2015


Author

Ellay
Ellay

NY



About
I'm a young human interested in writing, not as a career, but as a hobby This is a little bit about me I'm now a senior in high school, after having started this account when I was a sophomore. Sc.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ellay