Good Men Are Gay

Good Men Are Gay

A Poem by Steve Thompson

 

Is it true or is it not,
The good guys sing the goodbye girl songs,
As there hearts get pounded by the rain like A-bombs,
Why is our love treated like bad Jap’s?
 
I care for someone,
I didn’t believe at first it was a four letter word,
But I still waited on the curve,
Bus schedule in hand,
For it to come,
Waiting my turn.
 
The angry mole,
Good guys are,
Young hearts molested by these Misses Michael Jackson’s.
We hide in our black holes,
To rise above ground,
To only get beaten back down again.
 
 
Us,
Good guys,
 Are geographically educated by the old times,
Our world is flat,
Even in knowing that
We will still go the distance,
Fools we are,
We are falling off the face of the universe,
Cursed by caring.
 
And the black widows feast on this,
Our emotions,
There eight legs leaving track marks on our hearts,
So many times I know that hug,
That black hug,
Before they depart.
 
Pains,
Loveless tragedies,
What a old time Shakespearian art,
What a permeate stain it leaves like a marker.
 
Sometimes I wonder have I seen a good couple,
Good women,
They can’t be brutal to passion,
They can’t,
But that is what I see,
A women growing tired of climbing up loves latter,
To call it quits and “settle down.”
To settle down with what they got,
I won’t pretend love is slop,
Not me,
I refuse,
 
I will seek out Miss perfect,
Because first I believe prefect is real,
And if there is a girl for every man than perfect she dame will,
Unless I got this all wrong,
I could be just confused,
 
Maybe all good men are gay?

© 2008 Steve Thompson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

WOW!! What to say about this one. Hmmm!! I think that you may have hit on the feeling that most women get when they think that they have found Mr. Right, only to have him turn into Mr. Wrong. Life is like that. You get the good with the bad, and you just have to wade through the Bullshyt to try and dig him out. I like this a great deal. You are a very good writer, full of passion. This is an excellent poem. So true to life. Thanks for posting this and keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I found this poem very entertaining and fun to read. I enjoyed the rhythm and pace that the poem followed. I connected with subject because many of my friends get like this when they think they found the one. You did a great job with this one and the title fits it perfectly. I enjoy going back to older post that not many would see because I think ever poem, story, and book has the right to read even in the harder places to find.

Posted 3 Years Ago


WOW!! What to say about this one. Hmmm!! I think that you may have hit on the feeling that most women get when they think that they have found Mr. Right, only to have him turn into Mr. Wrong. Life is like that. You get the good with the bad, and you just have to wade through the Bullshyt to try and dig him out. I like this a great deal. You are a very good writer, full of passion. This is an excellent poem. So true to life. Thanks for posting this and keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lol, funny. I really liked this piece. Your figurative language impresses me, and, unless this was a freestyle poem, I could've sworn I heard a very unique rhyme scheme... but that could just be me imagining things again. :P

I definitely see what you're trying to say. Correct me if I'm wrong: I look around at school and society, in general, and notice that gay couples are usually the happiest together... perhaps it's because we live in a very cruel world, perhaps they just have to stick together. :( It must suck having to live in a damn-near "zero tolerance" world. Great poem. ^^

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Quite a modern edgy yet old school universal dilemma tones to your piece. It zig-zagged through the psyche in a very uncensored (yet not crude), honest, bet you wouldn't be able to say it out loud and make it make sense inner thoughts way. And the various shades of humor showed intelligence and apathy not usually found in mere rambling or partisan blowing off steam. Oh yes and very nice to have you in my friends lists.

Patricia

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Steve, You are going through a time that most of us have gone through. The trick is to keep your sanity and hold on the the hope of a strong relationship. I must say that I found that when we wear hurt on our sleeve, the women that are drawn to us want to help and nourish. That looks good on the surface, but if it continues too long, you never learn to rise above the hurt. It's being reinforced. No one is perfect. No relationship is perfect, but you can grow a strong satisfying love relationship through difficult times. I've been married to my third wife 37 years. I think you might have a ways to go.

papaed

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That would be ironic if all good men were gay. Honestly, this was an interesting prose style poem. I enjoyed it. If you are speaking from a personal point of view, you are a bit jaded. But then, we are all jaded in some way. Love has never been kind to me. I am in all honesty not perfect, but I am perfect for some man out there. The hard part is finding that perfect man. Does he exist? Perhaps, not. But then again God may have a man out there for me. I am rambling now and this is suppose to be your review. Sorry.

Have a lovely day....

Imogean~

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good men are not all gay, but then again... i have met only a few men i would concider good... two of whom were gay. i guess its more the fact that you see the world differently when you care. and most 'normal ' men care about sex and thats about all. some of my best freinds are gay, and how they treat eachother, and how strait men treat eachother, are so much diffeent, its like another species. but i know good men. i guess just none of them see me as good enough for them...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed your wordplay, once again, as always.
this section has some things in it I want to address:

A women growing tired of climbing up loves latter,
To call it quits and "settle down."
To settle down with what they got,
I won't pretend love is slop,
Not me,
I refuse,

First, did you mean to write "loves latter" as in past loves, or did you mean love's latter, as in loves own past? Upon reading it over to write this, I think you meant the first, and I like that alot more. Secondly, the lines "I won't pretend love is slop/not me/I refuse" is so terribly clever I almost kissed the screen. the use of 'refuse' which can be read both as a refusal and as refuse, the stuff you throw out to the garbage. Brilliant.
Again I think there is very little polishing to be done, and you've put out another fine piece of work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very interesting way to look at it......though I feel as if all your writing's on love are somehow tainted by a lover who did you wrong therefore all you know of love is the pain it can sometimes bring

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 19, 2008

Author

Steve Thompson
Steve Thompson

Chi-Town, IL



About
All I wanna listen to is The Blood Brothers, since March 23 2009 If you want in on the Discordian Society then declare yourself what you wish do what you like and tell us about it or if yo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Staked Staked

A Poem by Morgan Ashire