The Apple Tree

The Apple Tree

A Story by Strawberry Evil
"

A monologue of a boy

"
”Do you remember, when we stole apples from that old gramp's tree, from the enclosured yard?” I swayed my hair off my face. 
”I brought you roses. They didn't have blood-red, so I took the white ones. I hope they're just as pretty to you.” I smiled and held the bunch of roses in my arm.
”Again that boy is here”, someone whispered. I didn't care, they always did that.
”It was quite easy at school today, no one asks where you are anymore, or what happened. The teacher gave our group work to me today, those pictures you drew are awful.” A laughter escaped my lips.
”Yea and no one acts like they feel sorry for us anymore, and that's good. We don't like pity, do we?” 
I was silent for a while.
”You know, me and Pete planted our own apple tree. The apples from that didn't taste that good... I guess it's because you aren't there taking care of the tree. We got a lot of apples this summer, even tough grandfather said that the tree would never give any apples.”
What use is this gonna make... My hands were shaking, a little less already than after the accident. I didn't really have the slightest idea about why they were shaking.
”Me and Pete miss you a lot, like crazy. We don't talk much anymore. Pete doesn't like to talk, he gets uneasy right away. Hanging around the city isn't the same anymore, without you.” My eyes felt like they were gonna burn.
”I miss you, Marie.” Tears burned my eyes and fell to my cheeks. I laid my hand on the cold gravestone. 
Marie Aho 1993-2009. 
I stood up, put the roses to the ground and forced myself to smile.
”I'll come here again tomorrow. I love you...” I turned around and started walking away.

© 2015 Strawberry Evil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

love the story line, very touching. Flows with emotion & memories. Very well Penned!!
I am reading poems/stories from my ''Autumnal Contest'' although I don't see anything relating to autumn I'm sorry, I have to disqualify this one. But it is not disqualified from my heart. Keep up the great work !!
maria
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had to make changes...
to the following instructions they weren't clear and my Apologies go out to members who thought different.
But I wanted to Thank You again and best wishes on future entries.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is so touching and deep. It actually made me cry.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Strawberry Evil

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much. :)
loved the story,i used to steal apples from 4 old maids,they would shoot up in the air
those apples was very good,the memories even better,and the loss of a good friend will always be a part of us.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Strawberry Evil

8 Years Ago

Thank you :) Yeah I used to stel them too, but I always panicked and left as soon as possible xD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2015
Last Updated on December 2, 2015
Tags: apple tree, boy, love, death, grave

Author

Strawberry Evil
Strawberry Evil

Turku, Finland



About
I love writing. Poems, stories, lyrics... It's the way to express myself and.. well.. be me. I love writing both poems and stories. more..

Writing