A Crying King

A Crying King

A Story by Steven

“Forget everything that you’ve been told. Forget the hurt. Forget the pain. Forget the lies. Forget everything that’s gone wrong in your life.” Jesus spoke these words which caused the hearts of many to melt.

Sitting on a rock in the middle of a large field with no trees and no city, Jesus taught the people with such love. He was surrounded by people of all ages. The ones directly in front of Him were sitting while the others farther back were standing. As far as the eye could see, people were eagerly listening to what the King had to say.

It was mid-day and the sun was shining at its brightest. The heat beat down on the necks and backs of people, but they seemed to not care. Jesus looked across the people, staring at each of them in amazement. The love that He had for all of these people was so far beyond anything that He had ever felt. He wanted to wrap everyone in His arms, letting them know that everything was going to be okay. They all mattered to Him, each of them standing out in a special way. He was their Creator, and oh, how He loved them so.

A tear formed at the corner of His eye and gently rolled down his cheek.

Sitting in front of Jesus was a small child. She looked confused. “Jesus?” Asked the little brown headed girl. He turned His eyes to the child. “Why are You crying?”

“Yeah, Lord?” said someone out in the crowd, “Why are You crying?”

Jesus stood to His feet. Everyone had their eyes locked on Him. He turned around and climbed the rock that He was sitting on and stood tall so everyone could see Him better.

“Because I love all of you.” Jesus said this with such a passion that tears started to form in the eyes of some of the people. Even though the field was full of people, everyone could hear Jesus as if He were standing right beside them. “You all have a special place in My heart; every single one of you.”

Jesus repeated the words that He had just spoken moments ago, “Forget everything that you’ve been told. Forget the hurt. Forget the pain. Forget the lies. Forget everything that’s gone wrong in your life.”

Quiet whispers moved in the audience. They looked at each other, observing this odd King. How different He was from any other person that they had ever met.

A woman yelled out, “And then what shall we do when we forget everything?”

Jesus smiled, “Come to Me.”

© 2011 Steven


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 8, 2011
Last Updated on September 8, 2011

Author

Steven
Steven

Achdale, NC



About
I'm Steven Hill; 19 years old living in North Carolina. I'm a minister at Harvest Pentecostal Church. I strongly believe in God. Have any questions? Just ask :) Oh...I love to write. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Steven


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Steven