Confession

Confession

A Story by Sufana Anakkachery
"

School leisure hours,when girls gossip and chat about all 'these and thats' ... this s one of them.

"

Shh… I Have Something to Confess

 

     It has been less than a month since we moved into our new house in Phoenix. My previous place, unlike Phoenix was sunk in the darkness and shades of huge green trees and prominent with rain bearing clouds. I loved it being in Folks.

 


    The chilling climate there and those grey colored clouds...It always had that haunted behavior in it. Superstitions, creepy ghost tales, eerie sounds from the cemetery in the neighborhood, cries and shrieks from the basement... My parents strongly believed that those were the reasons why my sister behaved so abnormally. We had lived in Forks for no more than a few months. Natives there said that there was something wrong with that house. A school girl was found killed in the basement, but her face was unrecognizable due to wounds and bruises. Later on investigation, it was revealed that the girl was the daughter of the couples living there. But nobody had seen the girl with the couples before in that house. The house was left abandoned for many years since her death. We were the next family who came there then, and neighbors say, it was due to the wandering of the girl's spirit that my elder sister had been showing paranormal behavior.

 



And now, I hate it being in Phoenix without my sister Merin.

     My parents constantly try to explain me how sick she is. They say that she has turned into such an uncanny-behaving girl due to our stay in the house in Forks. She had been admitted in a rehabilitation center in Phoenix after we sold that house. When i complain how bored I’m here without her, they ask me to consider Merin's situation, confined in a dark room in that institution. 
      I always beg them to give her one last chance. Of course, they did at first. Merin has been back home quite a few times. Every time without fail, it all starts again. Dad's office papers burnt, Mom's vitamin tablets replaced with dish-wash tablets, pillows tore with knife, screaming sounds at night, neighbor's pets killed cold blooded...
      They say that something had affected  her after being into the basement of the house in Forks. Also, I’ll have to put up with my boredom if it means staying safe from her.

 



  I hate it when she has to go away...It makes me have to pretend "Mamma's good girl" until she is back...! I had said her to not follow me to the basement where I used to visit every night while she was asleep...Sad to say, she broke that promise once!

© 2015 Sufana Anakkachery


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Work on your grammar some. I'm from Texas and I talk funny, but I try to write using proper grammar. But in no way am I an expert. You made me feel the cold winter window in "He never showed up." Make me 'feel' more of the house in Forks. What was the staircase like going down to the basement? How many steps? Was it a stone house? A brick house? Wood?

Keep going and never give up.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sufana Anakkachery

8 Years Ago

Sure... Will do the missed parts..



Reviews

Work on your grammar some. I'm from Texas and I talk funny, but I try to write using proper grammar. But in no way am I an expert. You made me feel the cold winter window in "He never showed up." Make me 'feel' more of the house in Forks. What was the staircase like going down to the basement? How many steps? Was it a stone house? A brick house? Wood?

Keep going and never give up.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sufana Anakkachery

8 Years Ago

Sure... Will do the missed parts..
The creepy revelation of the narrator as the culprit was a good touch. Check your grammar on the penultimate sentence though.
The writing kept me intrigued and made me pine for the end. When that happens to a reader, it means the writing was successful whether it was good, bad, relevant or not.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sufana Anakkachery

8 Years Ago

First of all thank you for your comment... :) I will try improving my works.Need your support

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2015
Last Updated on June 19, 2015
Tags: Horror

Author

Sufana Anakkachery
Sufana Anakkachery

Calicut, Kerala, India



About
I'm Sufana Anakkachery from God's Own Country "Kerala", India. I am a teenager who dreams to travel round the world,meet people and their culture. I wanna be a writer who can sprinkle magic to her rea.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5