Iridescent (Eighteen)

Iridescent (Eighteen)

A Chapter by Amanda
"

Prepare for an action filled chapter. Sorry if it's slightly gory, but that's the name of the game, girls.

"
When you were standing in the wake of devastation
When you were waiting on the edge of the unknown
With the cataclysm raining down
Your insides crying, "Save me now"
You were there, impossibly alone.

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failures all you've known.
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go.
Let it go.
-Iridescent, Linkin Park



The debate began with glares. Marco stood between our two groups. “Christopher, what you did was terrible, and it cost people their peace of mind.”

“Look, we’re not going to stand for living with that lunatic. I’m not going to risk my family,” Adam said, standing in front of Bella and me.

“You can get your little whiny group of kids out of here,” Maggie spat, throwing scowls in our direction.

“Look, the outcome is obvious. Somebody’s going to have to leave,” Scott said. “I don’t care about stupid little feuds between you guys. I just want to keep my family safe, and if that means staying with these ‘whiny kids’, then so be it.”

“I say that Chris should only be treated like he would if there wasn’t cannibals outside. That means death penalty,” Austin said, shrugging. Maggie and Jeff looked outraged, stepping in front of their brother.

“You’re going to kill my brother, little boy?” Jeff snarled. “Go ahead, take a try, see what happens.”

“Now, now, we need to be civil about this. There has to be some sort of punishment,” Marco said reasonably, stepping between us again. I looked away as Scruff caught my eyes. She was staring down the corridor that was right outside the cafeteria. I’d never been down it before; sometimes band people practiced there, when the janitors weren’t using it. I thought I heard a faint click.

“This is our school,” Adam repeated. “We’re not going anywhere, so those three are going to have to pack up.” Another click and I think I hear a sweeping sound.

Before anybody can counter, Scruff lets out a wild bark and there is a clattering from the hallway he’s looking down. I scramble over, letting go of Bella’s hand.

A horde has pushed their way through the doors I never knew were back there. Hadn’t anybody barricaded them? I turned and ran back, the undead screams following me. “We need to go, now!”

Devon is already over the counter, grabbing food and Hal gives me my machete. Scott pushes Rena back, who’s clutching her stomach. I feel bad, since she was the one who stitched my cut. “Our stuff, we need to get it!” Austin calls, banging one with a lead pipe he found. I grab Bella and she clutches my body.

Marco is standing with Rena, holding a gun at the ready. Maggie holds a pump action shotgun that they stashed behind a row of music stands. As the undead come in, I fight the urge to scream. One is missing a chunk of his face, and I can see his cheekbone. His eye is hanging loosely from it’s socket. Another has no visible bites, but it’s rotting.

Desperate, I sprint past them, trying to make it down the hallway. Adam darts after us, scruff at our heels. Three break off from the group, baring their sharp teeth and claw-like hands. Adam looked around and ran as we passed the gym. He grabbed a javelin and speared one through the eye socket with a sick sloosh! The others slowed a bit, trying to get past the body. I let Bella down as we hopped up the stairs.
On the last stair, I tripped and fell to the ground with a loud thud. One had managed to maneuver it’s way up the stairs and it came closer and closer to me…

Adam grabbed my forearm and pulled, dragging me across the floor. When we got into the science room, feet away, we slammed it closed with a thud. Adam grabbed Devon’s bag and one we’d found here, stuffing it with supplies. I grabbed another and filled it with a few miscellaneous objects. I grabbed my machete and pushed the walker outside of the door back. He let out a scream, and made a move to start forward.

I swung the blade sideways, cutting into his temple. He stumbled and it took one more hack before he was down. I fought back the tears and grabbed Belle’s hand. We made it back dow to the café. Maggie was losing a battle with a walker, and it took a bite out of her neck. The four others turned at the fresh blood streaming from the red sinewy wound. Devon rushed to us, stuffing the food in a pack.

“Guys! Come on! We need to go!” I yelled and Marco grabbed Rena’s hand, leading her over to us. Scott appeared to our side, his eyes desperately seeking out the mother of his child. He had tears in his grey eyes.

“SCOTT!” she screamed as he held up his forearm where you could just see the imprints of teeth.

“Come on, it’s okay!” I shouted. Austin shook his head and bolted forward, tugging Scott with him. Hal stepped up to help and we tried to hurry towards the exit. As I turned back, I saw Carlee. She was trying to get to us, but was fighting someone off. It was Jeff.

“No!” I screamed as he pulled out a Desert Eagle. Right before his finger curled around the trigger, a shot rang out from next to me. Carlee ran towards us as the feasting walkers were reminded of us.

Finally, we could make our way out.

Rena tripped on a step on our way out and fell on her stomach, crying out. She seemed okay, and told us with relief that she could still feel the baby inside her moving.

It took us what seemed like years for us to make it to Carlee’s house. We were pretty sure that it was the only safe place nearby that we knew of. When we finally got there, everyone seemed to collapse. Scott was whiter than usual, and when Marco asked him how he felt, he snapped sarcastically at him.

Panting, I looked around at our ragtag group. We’d gone from thirteen to ten in just minutes. I leaned against Adam, who kissed my forehead. Bella had fallen asleep moments ago and she rested on my lap and Adam’s.

I whimpered, finally crying. I must have fell asleep, because I was suddenly jarred into consciousness by Rena’s moans and whimpers of pain. I looked over at her and watched as Scott leaned over her, fear coming off of him in waves.

She was jerking and pulsing, her eyes zooming from side to side. Rena screamed, finally arching upward almost all the way and I heard a sick cracking sound. Blood rapidly stained her shirt and Scott hurried to free her from it. I felt sick as I realized what was happening.
Rena’s baby was coming. Out of her.

I looked away, screwing my eyes shut against her screams and turning Bella so if she woke up, she wouldn’t see. Adam held me closer. When I looked back, her stomach had a wound in it and a groping hand the size of a walnut reached out of her. I screamed like no other scream before.

Rena gave one last choked scream before she fell limp, the only movement coming from her stomach. Scott screamed and tears streamed down his face. I sobbed into Adam’s shirt, and Carlee was doing the same to Austin. Devon hugged me, burying his face into my shirt.

Scott and Rena both died that night, as well as their child.

I stood horribly corrected. Our numbers had gone from thirteen to eight, leaving us in the wake of devastation.


© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
Well, that was certainly interesting. Just to be clear, they don't know what happened to Chris or Jeff, nobody said they died >:)
Lemme know what you think with a review?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWWW POOR BABY!!!! well done Amanda :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


O.o I can't believe I didn't notice theread request, what a chapter to have almost missed!
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda

11 Years Ago

:P
amazing chapter as always amanda! I will try to wait petiently for you to finish the next one. :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Abbie

11 Years Ago

okay, forget patiently, can you please write it? please,please,please, please, please????????!!!!!!!.. read more
Amanda

11 Years Ago

Would if I didn't have writer's block :(
Abbie

11 Years Ago

:d try doing something to clear your head? Take a walk? Or something? :)
AWWWWWWWWWWW NOT DA BEBE! X( Great chapter over all, though sad.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012
Tags: zombies, horror, sick, death


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just a Stage Just a Stage

A Poem by Amanda


Happiness (One) Happiness (One)

A Chapter by Amanda


The Dress The Dress

A Poem by Amanda