Bad Things (Nineteen)

Bad Things (Nineteen)

A Chapter by Amanda
"

Adam and Emma spend some time together finally.

"

When you came in the air went out

And all those shadows there filled up with doubt

I don't know who you think you are

But before the night is through

 I wanna do bad things with you

I wanna do real bad things with you


I don't know what you've done to me

But I know this much is true

I wanna do bad things with you

I wanna do real bad things with you

-Bad Things, Jace Everett

 

 


Things change all the time. I know this more than most in our little group. We can’t always cope, but most people try. There are different coping mechanisms for every different person. Some people remedy their loss of control and panic with smoking, writing, sex, drawing, or drinking. It all boils down to the person.

 

Speaking of people, the eight of us have been on the move for the past week. Hal, and I have been spending more time together, and I always get the feeling he wants to ask something, but he never does. Adam and Marco try to brainstorm new locations every day, mixing the old knowledge and new knowledge of the town.

 

Yesterday we came upon the Town Hall. I led everyone inside and we camped in my mother’s office. It feels like years ago that we were fighting every day and I used to drown her out with music and videogames.

 

“Alright, I’m thinking we should scout around town. Maybe…maybe we could check out my house. I mean…it’s big enough for all of us, I think.” A millennia ago that Kiegan was hating on me. I squeeze Adam’s hand and he grins.

 

“We could split up into pairs and take shifts,” Austin adds, nodding. “Someone’s going to have to watch Bella and the injured, if that be the case.”

 

“I call Emma!” Adam exclaimed, pulling me closer to him. Carlee stuck her tongue out at him.

 

“I think I could stay behind. I don’t think I’ll be of much use out there.” I watched as he glanced at Bella and giving me a warm smile. I wonder if he ever had any kids. All I know about his family is that Hal was visiting him, who happens to be his nephew.

 

“Alright, Emma and I will go out first. If we’re not back in two hours, the next two go. Don’t go out of your way to look for us, but still keep an eye out.” Adam sighed, leaning against the counter that blocked customers from going to the worker’s desks.

 

Devon was given the only watch we had and I kissed Bella goodbye. Adam held my left hand and we each had a weapon in the other. For some reason, it felt like when, or if, we came back here, we’d be different.

 

Austin and Carlee watched from a distance as we headed off. When I looked back and saw they were gone, I hugged Adam tightly. “What’s wrong?” he asked one arm around my waist.

 

“I just haven’t hugged you in ages,” I mumbled against his chest. It felt like we’d barely spent any time together since the end of the world. Everything still felt so surreal. “I love you, Adam.”

 

I felt his breath hitched and he I could picture his grin. “I love you too, babe. Feels like something bad happens to us every two seconds.”

 

I pull back, “It’s a little thing called the end of the world.”

 

We laughed and continued, coming to the intersection at the busiest part of town. Zombies were milling about here and there, so I figured they hadn’t seen us or we were down wind.

 

“Adam?” I asked softly, crouching behind a few bushes with him.

 

“What?” He breathed, not taking his eyes off of the roamers.

 

“Why do you think you didn’t turn?” I ask, glancing at his shoulder. This time he looks at me.

 

“This might sound crazy, but I think I’m immune…”

 

“You want to hear something crazy?” I don’t wait for his answer. “I think Rena died because of me.”

 

“What?” he hissed, whirling to face me. I couldn’t look at him, tears building in my eyes.

 

“She stitched my arm up, remember? Rena had a cut on her finger when she did that…what if I gave the baby the virus? What if it was like AIDS? My blood got into her, and into her baby…”

 

He pulled me close against him. “I love you. You’re my best friend, you didn’t kill Rena, whether by accident or by chance.”

 

I just lost myself in my thoughts, staring at the horizon.

~~

 

We make it to Adam’s house in an hour, not before acquiring a few new stains on our clothes.

 

There’s no one inside that we can see, and we check every room. At one point we split up, because I may have failed to mention that his house is huge. I stop in Adam’s old room. I hadn’t been in here much these past few years. I felt a little thrill in my stomach when I noticed three pictures with me in them.

 

Adam came up behind me, “Hey, I think we’re clear…” He noticed the picture in my hand. “That’s my favorite,” he murmured.

 

I was standing on a sand dune and the sun was parallel with me. It made me a sort of silhouette, and my eyes had a weird gleam as I smiled at Adam.

 

I turned to kiss him, wrapping my arms around his neck. I didn’t stop, pressing myself closer to him. He muttered, “What are you doing?” I pulled away, looking him confidently in the eyes.

 

“Bad things,” I whispered, kissing him again and backing us up until we feel onto his bed.



© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
Yeah, so I was thinking about True Blood and I figured I might as well get this chapter out of the way. By the way, for all my SUxbridge friends, picture Down Town but leave out The Mumford River and Lynch's.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

haha!!! these characters and their hormones :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


suxbridge? lolol uxbridge does suck... tiny little town it is...


Posted 11 Years Ago


Amazing! So excited to see what crazy thing happens next!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is Awesome! You are such a good writer Amanda! Way better than me!Fantastic job :D Please write the next chapter soon! please!!!!!! and I was picturing down town... :P

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2012
Last Updated on August 1, 2012


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just a Stage Just a Stage

A Poem by Amanda


Spiral ~Three~ Spiral ~Three~

A Chapter by Amanda


Second Second

A Chapter by Amanda