Can you think of an Internet with100 fold speed?

Can you think of an Internet with100 fold speed?

A Story by Suja
"

An article

"

Internet has simplified life by facilitating the world to become a small village, where we can have access to the life of from any part of the globe. What if this ‘accessing power’ becomes 1000 fold than it is today? Yes, life is easier now with the invention of a new network topology by a group of MIT researchers.
The new topology is proved to be delivering the Internet with a 100 or 1,000 times ‘accessing speed’. The core technology of internet lies in the span of high capacity optical fibers across the globe. The controlling routers cannot process optical signals of varying wavelength that come from different direction simultaneously, so they store these signals by converting them into electrical signals and vice versa after processing- a time consuming process.
 “Flow switching” the concept of MIT professor Vincent Chan found solution to save both time and energy. Chan’s technology emphasizes the idea of converting these fibers into unidirectional pathways. That means a single fiber will be carrying the signals of same wavelength and from the same direction, avoiding the queue of data from different direction. So, there may not be much traffic as well as saving of data and substantial saving of both time and energy.
The MIT has invested around 20 years for this invention. To implement the plan, it needs to replace large numbers of routers with new, optical-only models, which can prove to be very pricey. But it can be an addition for bandwidth-intensive applications.


© 2013 Suja


Author's Note

Suja
Thank you for reading and reviewing

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on August 31, 2013
Last Updated on August 31, 2013
Tags: Internet

Author

Suja
Suja

Kochi, Alappuzha, India



About
I am not a big writer...a beginner who is trying to write some things more..