Struggle

Struggle

A Story by dlayne
"

We all struggle with something in life my is weight and emotional issues something I never talk about until now.

"
   I guess I'll start with my childhood my parents were great but they could not keep the ugly world out of my life. Growing up as an overweight child was not always fun being bullied was not pretty other kids made fun of me and did mean things to me hitting me saying hateful words to me and so on even the boys would hit me. I remember this one time I was getting off the big yellow school bus that I hated because other kids would bully me every day even the high school kids bullied me on the bus this was back in the day when kindergarten through high school rode the bus together this was before pre-k it  was a very small school I attended maybe five hundred if that. Anyway back to what I was saying as I was getting off the school bus the boy standing be hind me kicked me right square in the back as hard as he could I think I missed every step on the way down landing on the hard ground leaving a nasty black bruise on the center of my back that stayed there for weeks, of course the school wouldn't do anything about when my mom called the school a bout it apparently there were no witnesses not even the bus driver didn't see what happened. As I got older and move up to the higher grades I did learn to defend myself even though a lot of times I would be the one in trouble I was shy and when I tried telling the teacher what really happened the teacher all ways took the bully's side. There are plenty of other incidents through out my school years all because of my weight and shyness but I survived it was hard I didn't make friends very easily I was very shy still am. But here I am years later but I'm happy these incidents made me strong school for me like millions of others over the years around the world was rough but it just makes you that much better. I did have one ally an older student every time another student tried to bully me and he witnessed it he put them in their place of course he's my all time hero. My hope is that who ever no matter where you are in life young or old life is worth living I never thought ending my life I still thought of life as an opportunity to better myself to be kind to those who are unique no matter what your going through in life weather your young or old the world is a better place because of you. These days even children are taking their life because of bullying life is hard but you can't not live life your better then your bully's because you chose to live and not take your own life let them live their as they may. Of course life is very hard yes very hard but you'll be fine talk to someone about what's going on take up a hobby like music or writing maybe even sports something I didn't take up but if I did I just might not have a weight problem.

© 2018 dlayne


Author's Note

dlayne
I did not proof read my story and my grammer is poor as well as my spelling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on March 22, 2018
Last Updated on March 22, 2018

Author

dlayne
dlayne

FL



Writing
Sunshine Girl Sunshine Girl

A Poem by dlayne