Give me a New fishing pole! or Help me repair the one I have!

Give me a New fishing pole! or Help me repair the one I have!

A Story by Margene Wiese-Baier
"

A what if situation..

"

Give me a New fishing pole! or Help me repair the one I have! Written by: Margene Wiese-Baier © 2012

by Margene Wiese-Baier on Friday, February 10, 2012 at 9:08am ·

"You can tell me all day long that you LOVE me, but if you see my need and pass me by.. without helping me.. your words mean nothing..  I recently wrote a story about a person that had their tithe in their hand on the way to Church, and there was a person in front of them HOMELESS and hadn't eaten for a long time.. I asked what the Father would have them do... I believe if we see a need in front of us and we do not reach out to that person.. we have missed a chance to do what JESUS would do.. I have always been a tither, but I am having a Paradigm Shift in my thinking.. I am seeking what God would have me do.. When we give to the Church it is not just for a Building, but is to be Stored up for when their is a need.. .. If I go to the Storehouse, and am told that I can not be helped, but they can pray for me.. what does that tell me.... It tells me that I can give, but if I am in need I will not be helped.. Every Church should have a Benevolence fund.. not for people that abuse the System, but for those that are truly in need.. Sometimes a person just needs a hand up not a hand out.. When you give a fish.. show them how to fish.. but sometimes they know how to fish, but their fishing pole is broken and needs to be repaired, or a new fishing pole.. Remember the Good Samaritan.." Margene/Sunwhisp♥  Remember what HE says about the Widows and the Orphans.. 

>

New International Version (©1984)

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

 

New Living Translation (©2007)

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

 

English Standard Version (©2001)

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

 

New American Standard Bible (©1995)

Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

http://bible.cc/james/1-27.htm

 

Do you see HIM! the Master ARTIST.. photo taken by: Margene Wiese-Baier © 2012

· · · Share · Delete

© 2012 Margene Wiese-Baier


Author's Note

Margene Wiese-Baier
What do you thingk?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

835 Views
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on April 5, 2012
Tags: Creative Writing, Religious, Jesus, Margene Wiese-Baier, Sunwhisp, Writing, Church, Spiritual, Creative, Holy Spirit, Angels, Human, Missions

Author

Margene Wiese-Baier
Margene Wiese-Baier

OR



About
I am a Pastor that loves to Write, and do Art and Sing.. I also write about my cat Kobie, and other subjects I find interesting.. but mainly write Holy Spirit inspired stories.. more..

Writing