The Blue Fairy and The Ringmaster

The Blue Fairy and The Ringmaster

A Story by I'm Not Into Labels
"

There is something behind the fairytale that was never told..and they all fight to keep it a secret.

"

          “Ringmaster.” She bowed her head low as it were to a king, but the emotion in her face and voice was heavily haughty and unbelievable to the gesture. She was being her usual self that I now gathered, nice but not necessarily nice. But there was something different about the way she said his name.

          “Blue. Fairy.” He returned the gesture, a far more dramatic than hers. He seemed to recognize her tones for what they were; tones I couldn’t properly read. He gave her a dashing grin upon his four ‘o clock shadows that framed his face perfectly. “It has been a while.”

          It has.” She gave him an uninterested sigh, turning away from him. She gave her thick blue waterfall a quick flip with a flick of her dainty hand, its many curls covering her back.

          “Too long,” he sneered ever so dubiously. “I think.”

          “Did I say that I cared for your opinion or even asked for your opinion at all?” Her normal tone was there; her sweet musical voice seeming to glide over the words as if they were nothing at all. But there was something underneath her words, interwoven with her usual attitude. I couldn’t place it.

          This new character, one she called the Ringmaster, seemed to recognize whatever it was, and he knew his presence mocked it.

          “Hasty words old friend,” he snag, his feet moving in a dance to follow her. “Was our past parting such sweet sorrow?”

          The Blue Fairy stopped cold, her eyes becoming saucers. She gazed back at him, that hidden tone still in her face. “Ringmaster, what do you want? Surely you didn’t come here just to play tricks on me…like you used too.”

          “Oh my dear we played more than tricks…” he giggled, patting his lean belly. Then he stopped at me, as if he had just noticed me now. “Oh and who might this little boy be?” He drew closer, his eyes on me like I was a piece of meat.

          “He isn’t yours,” The Blue Fairy snapped, stepping in between us. “He’s my agreement.”

          “You still do that kind of work,” he laughed darkly, his eyes returning to hers.

          “I do,” she said. “I quite enjoy it.”

          “Of course you do,” he sneered, becoming almost rude.

          The Blue Fairy turned her back on him, giving me a warm smile. “Elliot, go through the gates and get some cotton candy…I’ll be there in a moment.”

          I choose to obey her without questions. She wasn’t the one you could pry at. I stepped through the gates and did what I was told.

          “Charlie!” she sighed, in an attempt to be calm.

          “Ah, to hear you speak with me on such familiar terms makes me reminisce old memories…” He gave her a small nudge in which she jumped away at. “Doesn’t it you?” He giggled, flashing her that grin. “Of course it does. You wouldn’t have said it otherwise.”

          “What are you doing here?” she went on like he said nothing.

          “Here?” he laughed as if it were a joke.

          “You were exiled,” she said.

          “I was.”

          “To your Pleasure Island where you were to stay…that’s what exile means. You stay there…”

          “And I did…I paid my dues for those deeds I performed.” He reached to tough her once again, her cringing away from his touch. “And now I’m back…”

          “Why?”

          “Why not?” He smirked, leaning against the gate causally. “I like it here. I think I gave the place…variation. Me being here gives you no way of telling the future, cause it’ll be different…all the time. I’ll be calling all the shots from now on.”

          “You can’t go back to your old ways,” she pressed, no concern in her voice at all. “They were why you were sent away.”

          “But Fairy…” She looked away, his hand now at her cheek. “Lucinda…it’s just a matter of knowing the right person to pin it on.”

          She brushed his hand away with a sharp move on her dainty hands. “You are a pig,” she said simply.

          “And a pig is always hungry,” he went on smoothly. “And not only for trouble…” He brushed the ends of her blue wisps lightly. Her sense aroused and fueled with anger. “Or maybe…I didn’t come back for trouble…maybe my intentions for coming back are pure…and I came back for something else.”

          “What else?” she spat, pulling away from him.

          “I think you know,” he sighed, pretending to be interested on his fingernails. “I could have been lying before…I can lie.”

          “Oh I know you can lie,” she rambled, edging farther away from him. “Lie, cheat, hurt!” She gave him a testy look. “That’s what you are…Charlie the Ringmaster, the leader at Pleasure Island where you sing and lure runaways to their oblivion and turn them into donkeys! Then you ship them off to work for hard labor like they were never children, only donkeys! Then you do it all over again with that same damn grin on your face!”

          “I never said I was a man of good merits. And the children are runaways, so they were the bad of the bunch. So that’s why I don’t feel as bad. And…you like just as much as I do…you do good to remember that as well…”

          “You are a heartless and cruel man,” she sneered. “Go back to Pleasure Island…”

          “But like I said, I like it here,” he smirked darkly, his eyes hungry for hers. “And you know why…”

          Their kiss was not sweet. More bitter like their previous conversation. The kiss was ignited by both, like two hungry matches to the end of the willing fuse. His eager, yearning hands filled her water fall hair, pulling and yanking in their arousal. She moaned into his mouth, returning the favor. Their bodies slammed together messily, far from the Fairy’s grace and the Ringmaster’s smoothness. It was an act of desperation. It was their moment of vulnerability meant for only them, and where the two of them seemed normal. The Blue Fairy wasn’t a magical being with powers beyond imagine of all the little boys and girls that believed in her. The Ringmaster wasn’t the evil creature who trapped little boys into becoming donkeys with the agendas of a mastermind. Their vulnerability made them human. The two most powerful, were each other’s weaknesses, or so it seemed.

          They pulled apart in one sharp motion like they were catching themselves, their eyes averting each others.

          The Blue Fairy sighed shakily, trying to recollect herself. “It really has been too long since our last goodbye.”

          “It has.” His smile showed broadly in his voice.

          “It just reminds me of how bitter it was.”

          “Lucinda, please…”

          “No,” she snapped. She pulled her water full of hair in front of her shoulder on her left side, her chest shaking with her raise heartbeat. “My ward is waiting and I have better things to do than stand at the gates with a pig.”

          “One day.”

          She looked back at him, not meeting his eager eyes. “What?”

          “You know what that means…we’ve been saying that since the beginning…” He faded into the shadows of the gates like a serpent retreating after a victory. His eyes only remained, only for her to see him wink. She scoffed, sighed still tasting that familiar taste that should have been long forgotten. She had only realized how much she had yearned for it all those years. She brushed her dainty hand across her mouth to annul the taste, but that just made her want it more.

          “Blue Fairy?” She turned around to find me. Her lips now tainted, took a moment to find the strength to smile.

          “Hello Elliot,” she cooed, her voice recollecting itself almost instantly. “Shall we continue our journey?”

          “Who was that?” I asked; I couldn’t take it anymore and I was ready to pry.

          She gazed at me, her face black at to the old attitude; nice but not necessarily nice. “He’s the Ringmaster at Pleasure Island. He lured Pinocchio there and turned him into a donkey. He’s a horrid pig.”

          “Why?” I asked.

          “Because he wanted to cause at least a little trouble whilst he was in exile.”

          “What did he do to get there?” I asked.

          She didn’t answer my question. I didn’t expect her to. I had seen enough and heard enough to know why she didn’t. “Shall we continue our journey, Elliot and stop wasting our time with this petty nonsense?”

          “Yes.
 I said. She reached out her hand to me for me to take. I took it and she led me into the Goblin City.

© 2010 I'm Not Into Labels


Author's Note

I'm Not Into Labels
This isnt the beginning. I haven't written it. I'm not sure what to do for a beginning. So of course tell me if you like it and suggestions are welcome :)
Enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on September 1, 2010
Last Updated on September 1, 2010