A Question Of Life....

A Question Of Life....

A Story by Surya
"

May be worthy..

"

After a terrific dream, Nick wanted to chase the quest. He started next day following the map he remembered and made his efforts to sketch it on a paper so that he couldn’t forget it.

He reached deep into forest where no path can be seen, only trees, woods, grass and some animals. He parked his bike and started on foot holding a map.


It is turning dark, Day about to end. Gracefully he met some tribes, they introduced themselves and followed by Nick. Tribes offered him shelter and food. Nick had his dinner and felt bored after few minutes. He went for a walk holding lamp in his hand along with a young man from tribe, Ramit.

On their way Ramit was learning about the culture and about the lives outside the trees. When Nick explained how bored he is in modern world and their busy lives in blocks there Ramit felt great to be born in a great civilization deep in forests where people care with heart and live for a day without a penny satisfying their needs without any greed.



They went on talking and there was no sight of their colony of Ramit. Ramit checked his surroundings and backed few metres but he could see nothing of his colony then he realized they lost their path.

Nick didn’t seemed to be terrified, he was normal but Ramit was afraid.



Okay, they had nothing to do either they have to move on or stay there till dawn and find the way in morning. Nick opted to move on, anyhow they can find the route possibly in day.

After a long walk they can see a fire from cave. They moved into the cave. To their surprise there is man in their, Bit of saint character. He invited them in and offered warmness.



They inquired their whereabouts, three of them. Soon they felt no harm from each other and they were friendly in nature.



After a long conversation Ramit slept without a notice, of course without his conscious he was deep in sleep.



Saint noticed something wrong with Nick. He dared to ask what it is.

‘So Nick, why are you here?’

‘Just bored of my life. I got a map in my dream so am after it chasing.’ Hesitantly answered Nick.

‘So you are chasing a quest, I believe. May I ask you what kind of quest it is?’ saint asked Nick without any look at him. He was busy in making the wood burn along.

‘I don’t remember. I just remembered a map and am going after it.’

‘So you can’t recall what you are chasing right now. Just a few lines jiggled and trembling on a paper and you are after them and you left your life for that sole reason.’

‘See, first thing that I wanna say is, am not happy with my life am living there. Atleast I got a breakthrough now and If I find treasure, I will move all of it to city and lead a pleasant life there.’

Saint burst into laughter after nick’s words and asked.

‘What if you don’t find any treasure that can make you money?’


After a moment of silence Nick opened his mouth and uttered


‘I don’t know then.’

‘So you are not after the treasure. You are just running from your unlovable life.’


These words from saint made Nick to think what he is really searching for.


‘Truth is, yes, am running after Life that many living in their without any peace, smiling at stupid and dumbest things. Enjoying in crap. People of today don’t know how to live. They just say that everyday living of their lives is life. But I didn’t find any peace, inner peace and joy in it.’ Nick was frustrated on life and bursted out now, saying how troubling his life is.

‘Ok. I don’t ask about your life in city or in you place. But for sure my son, I will ask you this. You said your people don’t know how to live, Then May I ask you what is a life?’

‘Life--------I don’t know. But what I know is life is worth living.’

‘Ok. What is living?’

‘Living-------hmm……Spending time happily, I guess.’

‘Ok.What is this word, Happy?’

‘Happy--------To smile all time’ answered Nick. They both were deeply involved in conversation. Nick was anxious to know and he desperately wanted to listen the words of saint.

‘Ok. What is time?’

‘Time-------------- I don’t know. Well time is ……some say it can be counted in hours, some say it can be divided into day and night.’

‘Divided?. Well who is that divided Time?’

‘We, humans divided Time.’

‘Hmm…Remember it. I am going to ask you again. Well as of now, how did humans divided time.’

‘they separated it into day and night, and in hours 1 to 24.’

‘Ok what after 24 hours. Is time going to die after 24 hours?.’

‘How can time die? it repeats every day!.’

‘Then how can you divide anything that repeats, without knowing the exact measurement of it.’

‘It’s a point, yeah it is….But am not capable of answering your question.’

This conversation turned interesting to Nick.

‘You are not capable of answering it?.  Actually truth is you don’t know the answer. You are following something that you don’t know, then you are fool.’

‘ Yeah it seems, am a fool….Wait, am I a fool?’

‘Yeah you are.’

‘Well let me ask then. What is time?’

‘Am not finished yet with my questions. But I will return to it after my questions.’

‘Han ok. Go on then.’

Saint smiled at Nick. Nick seems to be confused. But Nick is more interested in his words than any other thing now.

‘How are you alive now?’

‘Because I eat and breathe.’

‘Where do they come from.’

‘Nature of course.’

‘Remember this word, nature. Where did Nature came from.’

‘It’s bullshit now. We came from nature.’

‘Ok. You don’t know about it. Let me ask, What is nature?’

‘Damn you are a crazy man! Everything we see is nature.’

‘Ok you are on track now. Where from they came from? How did they happen? Where are you from? How is this human formed? What makes us superficial? What makes the rest normal and abnormal?’ Saint asked in an excited eye.

Nick was furious about this, but he thought saint was mad. Relating everything to nothing.

‘Oh.You gone mad. This is all because of Evolution. Well do you know about Evolution?’

‘Well, Charles Darwin. I remembered. Actually am a graduate from Harvard. But That is of no matter now, it is some years ago.’ Nick was shocked at his words that he is from Harvard.’Your every question unquestioned has an answer with every point I asked’ said Saint.

‘Ok but how.’

‘We are product of evolution. Everything damn thing is. Humans termed themselves Superficial because they waited for years But no other animal said their group as Superficial. And after a long wait we declared ourselves as superficial.’

‘Ok. But how is it related to my life. My happiness.’

‘There it comes. We started developing things, we started creating things. We invented things. We made many achievements. But we lost dignity to our mother nature.’

‘But we are humans. We have to do so for our living.’

‘Well we are homo sapiens a well built and structured mind. But we are not strong enough as Neanderthals. They lived a life too, a pleasant life without any pollution of any kind. We humans of modern generation living most of our lives on decayed matter, spending this time in a s**t we made ourselves.’

‘Wait …I didn’t get you.’

‘Let me tell you in brief then. You will find your answers here.

                      “we are a product of natural process called Evolution. Evolution is nature and natural. We have no right to distract or deviate from nature’s laws yet we dared and made everything possible from impossible. But we are forgetting that we are on our way to departure from this great and beautiful Nature of our’s. We live in a day where almost everything depended upon machines, any kind it may be.


                        We are fighting from morning to evening just to earn a paper or a coin which was invented by man. How bullshit it is?. We are respecting those things which are made by us and waging a war on our fellow beings.


                         History says Ancient man is more powerful than us. He lived a mighty life without any caste, creed, sex equalities and inequalities. He ate food and he slept. He played, he jumped, he even painted to make nature more beautiful not in terms of destroying it.


                         We are living in a civilized society with uncivilized maturely grown blinded eye people. That’s where we are lagging. That’s where we lost.


                          Time is precious learn to utilize it. Be happy in whatever makes you happy, you are alive even when you are in a cave without any machine, You are eating a precious food now, breathing unpolluted air.


                           Respect and love nature, it gives you treasures. We lost our dignity and we have to pay for that and of course we are paying now. Ozone depleted I guess, Antarctica getting warmed, sea level increased. Oxygen polluted. Population increased, forests decreased. No trees. F*****g point the only way we live without food and water is Oxygen, where the hell oxygen comes from without trees. We are upgrading our levels in deforestation now.


                              So dear. This is not us. Try to be us, humans. We are not superficial than any other being here, actually no one is. Lion and you share equal rights to stay and fight.


                               We are unhappy, unhealthy because we made a mistake and a mistake again to cover the previous one and it repeated and still going on….This is the only reason we are unhappy.


                                What if we lived  a life as cave man without all these materialistic pleasures. We would be happy filling our stomachs and sleeping all night. Being strong.


                             I asked you to remember me about Time. Time is the only measurement given from nature. Rest everything, I repeat every f*****g thing is meant for our convenience.


                             So you will be happy in your life, if you respect it, love it. Don’t go behind all these materialistic pleasures. Work hard, fill your soul with smile without harming nature. Art of living a life and living an artist life is more than anything. So  go for it.


                      Find your inner peace in order to find peace and make peace find you.” This is all it’ Said Saint..


Nick was dumb, he understood nothing.

© 2017 Surya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the way you use a story to show life lessons. I love the way you use conversation to tell your story. I notice how many young people say they are bored, so this is a relatable & timely discussion. I don't believe someone who is so easily bored would've graduated from Harvard -- this just doesn't fit together for me. I love the tie-in to our destruction of the planet & I agree with your lessons about living with nature. The last line tells it all . . . so few seem to be seeking & searching for deeper meaning these days. Just want superficial entertainment to keep boredom at bay.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sometime we talk and no-one pay attention.
"So you will be happy in your life, if you respect it, love it. Don’t go behind all these materialistic pleasures. Work hard, fill your soul with smile without harming nature. Art of living a life and living an artist life is more than anything. So go for it. "
I agree and I liked the above line. A good way to live and think. I enjoyed the complete story and thank you Surya for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much John...:)
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.
A great story surya ji...Really awesome work

Posted 6 Years Ago


you are a great story teller my friend

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much wordman....:)
amazingly wrote very well written good work

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Thank you Prashant for your kind visit and words...:)
Prashant Bajpai

6 Years Ago

your are always welcome sir
habibi....amazing work....loved your story.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Haha...Thank you so much Wajiha...:)
Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

pleasure is all mine....
Whoa....it is so deep, you're really a superb writer, even I was shocked while reading , that an educated person was living in a cave, leaving all materialistic things....I gained a moral from this story, that we shouldn't run after materialistic pleasures.
Brilliant work, Surya.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

I thought none liked it....But it's just my view to live life....
Am glad that you liked it.... read more
Priyanshi

6 Years Ago

Always a pleasure.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 19, 2017
Last Updated on June 19, 2017

Author

Surya
Surya

Hyderabad, India



About
A pen, A paper can do wonders.....I hope. more..

Writing
Quixotic tale Quixotic tale

A Poem by Surya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


know me know me

A Poem by sette