Prologue

Prologue

A Poem by Saruwa
"

A short.

"

I couldn't always see the way he loved me. I'm sorry to say yes, I even doubted it many times. Because it wasn't the way I expected him to love me. He used to say that to me. That's what started it. The feeling of distance growing between our souls, yet could not utter with words. I used to tell him I didn't believe it. You don't love me or you would....

What a naive way to look at love. How selfish. What did I know? But still we loved. Our doubt of one another doesn't negate what we actually felt. Because in hindsight I see. I love him, and he loved me. 

© 2015 Saruwa


Author's Note

Saruwa
Just a short poem. A prologue of sorts for a poetry book I am publishing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Doubt can be a devious, poisonous thing that distorts reality and plays tricks on our minds. Dear writer, we all have doubted love and the words " I love you" at some point in our lives. The most important thing is to weigh someone´s feelings not with the head but with the heart. The heart always tells the truth.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I felt your writing and enjoyed the read...would be back to read more!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Saruwa

8 Years Ago

Thank you A. Amos! I enjoyed your writings and glad you enjoy mine as well-
A. Amos

8 Years Ago

You're most welcome my friend

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2015
Last Updated on July 28, 2015
Tags: love, loss, hurt, life, lessons

Author

Saruwa
Saruwa

About
I'm a unique soul. Old-fashioned with a fashion-forward mindset, I feel I can span the generations. Being relative to your audience is essential no matter what job you hold or who you're friends with... more..

Writing
Enough Enough

A Poem by Saruwa


You You

A Poem by Saruwa