Timeless

Timeless

A Poem by Sorry Infamous

 

I thought you would mature,

sharp and red,

slip down my throat,

a swallow of rare wine

or simply fade away,

a photograph, exposed

to the cruel lick of sunlight.

Yet, here you are,

in brilliant colors, untidy and full of youth.

my defenses are as thin as petals.

Your mouth unfolds to leave me scathed.

I can feel you, underneath

just like a callous.

 

It's the little things,

the eyelids and the answers,

the hands so hungry

hanging at your sides,

that never seem to age.

it's you,

your brawn and your guilt

that keeps the pen bleeding on the paper.

You just dangle there,

potent and unaware,

right between the lines.

You never shy or shrivel.

You never grow old.

There is a place where

the clock can't defeat you.

© 2009 Sorry Infamous


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You write with brilliant depth about the timelessness of a love so profound. This is just wonderful writing!

Kahlil Gibran: "The timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness; and knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."




Posted 14 Years Ago


This is one of the more amazing things I've read here in a while. Timeless, indeed. The rhythm, the images, the choice of words.. There's not one line in this that I didn't love. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Such a good idea...Love it. Flows with ease and the imagery is strong. The last line is perfect.
"There is a place where the clock can't defeat you.".....Fantastic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The depth of your work is amazing, flowing through memory, emotion, and thoughts... creating a sense of one who resides apart from time... Love the visual feel of your work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh snap! This is totally fresh and completely captivating! What a way with words you have! This totally paints a picture in the psyche, one that's vivid and entrancing. Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


"There is a place where the clock can't defeat you" great great line. I love this. The muse, the pain, the love, everything. I was just thinking about doing a poem about time and love and all that, but I think you just beat me to it. Maybe I'll keep quiet on that idea for a while : ) Well written, dear. It's hard to find a writer where you're literally hoping that every time you blink, they're posting a new piece of writing, but that's definitely how you make me feel. I can't wait to read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is very beautiful, and well done. I really like your style!

Posted 14 Years Ago


this poem was timeless indeed :)
it intrigues me to wonder who you're directing it towards.
an obstacle perhaps? that's stopping you from writing...or if i may, being yourself?
and so many other possible meanings come out of this masterpiece.

im inspired! and forever grateful to have come across this ;]

Posted 15 Years Ago


I can only say this is a beautiful poem!
I especially like the first seven lines, I like the rhythm there very much.

Keep up the good work ^^

Amina

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

480 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 15, 2009
Last Updated on August 16, 2009

Author

Sorry Infamous
Sorry Infamous

Canada



About
"I remeber asking a wise man, once . . . 'Why do Men fear the dark?' . . . 'Because darkness' he told me, 'is ignorance made visable.' 'And do Men despise ignorance?' I asked. 'No,' he said, 'they pri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..