Vermillion (The color of my knees)

Vermillion (The color of my knees)

A Poem by Sorry Infamous

Gracefully
I watched you fall into bed sheets.
The white eternity.
Fixed my clumsy smile
my smudged red lips
"For liberty."
That's what you said

Whisper,
"Dirty girl"
But I cleaned that half moon grime
Underneath my nails
Not even with the edge of my teeth
Yet, you whisper,
"Filthy child"

Drinking,
When I thought you wanted me sober
Glow, you wanted me to glow
Set my skin on fire
In those places
Like the back of my knees
That I scrubbed red raw

Snapshot
I gave to my lover
I always look cleaner in black and white.
Father figure
Never did I want you to be that
But I brushed my knotted hair
And you named me your baby
Your little disaster.

© 2009 Sorry Infamous


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I truly, truly love your work in large part because you have a natural word sense � the ability to find the precise combination of syllables and sounds that give your poems a haunting magic.

Your words here are sharp and edgy and unrepentant. A woman on her knees becomes not prayerful but a denigration that repeats itself like an condemning film loop.

This is excellent work.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your talent is amazing. I look forward to reading your works. Keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The power of your fingers upon the keys must make them feel electrified to you. (How often do you shock yourself?) There is a lot inside of you to be said - never stop writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have such a brilliant way of expressing life and love and pain, painting it in emotive colors that grip and stain. Beautifully moving... sadly tragic... amazing...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Powerful and sad... the humiliation of it all, the meek submission to the master, the willing heart somehow degraded... I agree with Cilla that this has a haunting quality... somehow 'magic' is too pleasing

Posted 14 Years Ago


*smile*

mm. nice little erotic portrait. i really love the way you describe how you interact with your lover. i agree that you write with natural sense, enjoyed how you played with word placement so that it kept it fresh and a little off kilter. love is dysfunctional and kinky.... full of doubt and vulnerability. you show all these qualities and more. kudos.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LJW
Writing like this is what I was hoping to find here in The Writers Cafe.

Unapologetic
Edgey
Intelligent
Unique

Posted 14 Years Ago


I truly, truly love your work in large part because you have a natural word sense � the ability to find the precise combination of syllables and sounds that give your poems a haunting magic.

Your words here are sharp and edgy and unrepentant. A woman on her knees becomes not prayerful but a denigration that repeats itself like an condemning film loop.

This is excellent work.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful, dirty, dark, hopeful, loving, everything. That is what this poem embodies for me. Great work, dear.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Intense, I'm not sure which stanza I prefer more, but I'm leaning towards "Snapshot" and "Whisper." I think "Fireblossom" said it best here..."It was a great ride". Each was gripping and I wonder since she didn't bite her nail's with her teeth, why was she a filthy child? I do said I have a question for each of them, but the answer might subtract from it's poetry.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This poem got under my skin. It took me to diverse worlds. It was a great ride.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

514 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 15, 2009

Author

Sorry Infamous
Sorry Infamous

Canada



About
"I remeber asking a wise man, once . . . 'Why do Men fear the dark?' . . . 'Because darkness' he told me, 'is ignorance made visable.' 'And do Men despise ignorance?' I asked. 'No,' he said, 'they pri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..