A Graceless Tale

A Graceless Tale

A Poem by Sorry Infamous

Oh, they called you Light Bringer,
Hailed you their morning star,
How foul those words must taste now,
Churn fervently, a sour mess in your throat
Damnable light bringer,
Venus of unchained beauty, no more,
Do you ever reminisce about those days?
When you heralded in the morning sun,
Or does your tongue twist bitterly,
As you dwell upon what remains of your glory?
They swallowed your fame away,
Ripped your name from you
like your beating heart from your ribs,
And gave it to their savior,
To leave with you, a graceless tale
A fallen, wingless form
A mourning star of different meanings
Does it make you heave and retch?
The day Lucifer became Satan.

© 2010 Sorry Infamous


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very nice write, and a bit unusual, a lament over Lucifer. Quite inspired and also well executed.

Greatly enjoyed. High points! Kudos!

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is such a vast write, seems to drift over space and time.. to beginnings.. and endings.. and forms with no voice... Beautifully woven and shaped into the darkness of the morning star. Profound and powerful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
... i don't know much about the context ... but it's quite poetic an expression of rage ... very intense and powerful ... whoever's in the witness box is likely to be pretty speechless ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like it that you reach, while so many rant...i like it that you go beyond the easy dance of words, and look into the depths...Ed

Posted 13 Years Ago


I, too, like the playful 'mourning star.' This is a nice tight poem that flows quickly and directly to the final line. There are few wasted words, but i think 'away' in the 11th line could very well be eliminated, because it doesn't add anything and swallowing 'away' sounds a bit distorted. Great poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


From the title to the final line, once again, you make me fall mentally to my knees in praise of your writing. Well done. Once again, color me in awe...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful! I like this one a great deal...love the word play on "mourning star". I'd have to say though, from looking around a bit, that Lucifer still has followers putting light for darkness and darkness for light. I like the Book of Job where Satan marches right up to the throne of God and God asks him, where did you come from? And Satan says, from walking to and fro across the earth. I've heard he's been chained since or thrown into a pit awaiting final judgement and a Jewish carpenter has the keys to the locks. But he certainly hasn't given up the cosmic feud yet. Ever read the description of Lucifer in Ezekiel 28:12-19? Give it a read if you haven't. The first sin was supposedly Vanity and the second sin was Pride. From those two sins, all other sins were born...shame, greed, pain, hunger, lust, theft, murder, adultery...and what have you. It makes for a good story at least. Great poem, love it, very exceptional writing here, well crafted and well received.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven...You are writing in grips of intellect again and I am once more deeply inspired. Thanks~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Bitterness and betrayal ooze from this piece... thats what happens when people find having power so important.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2252 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 27, 2010
Last Updated on April 27, 2010

Author

Sorry Infamous
Sorry Infamous

Canada



About
"I remeber asking a wise man, once . . . 'Why do Men fear the dark?' . . . 'Because darkness' he told me, 'is ignorance made visable.' 'And do Men despise ignorance?' I asked. 'No,' he said, 'they pri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..