'Tis a Glass House you Dwell in... Just Like Mine...

'Tis a Glass House you Dwell in... Just Like Mine...

A Poem by Sweetest Sin
"

Hypocrisy....the main contributor... These words seemed to flow from my mind out of pure hurt and frustration. People continually hurting other people because of ignorance and hypocrisy....

"

"Only God shall judge you"  "Go to church and all of you sins shall be forgiven by the lord"  As I sit here and ponder over these words a moment of sadness and grief overcomes me. I am consumed by frustration and disappointment.  I am hurt by ignorance and arrogance.   I CANNOT and WILL NOT ever be able to understand human rationalization. You say "Only God shall judge" and yet you point your finger criticizing... condemning... belittling and hurting others, including your own family members.... people who should be cherish and love by you unconditionally...  "Only God shall judge" you say as you roll your eyes and shake your head sighing in disapproval as you watch someone make a choice or decision you do not approve of or agree with... "Only God shall judge" you say as you repeat the same sins conscienciously over and over day after day "I go to church, I will be forgiven by the lord"  you reassure yourself repeatedly.... And of these words you speak so fluently, yet you walk around looking at others though telescope eyes picking them apart piece by piece trying to find their faults and shortcomings in order to minimize your own.  And you speak out loud and let it be know that they are not doing right in the eyes of God.... You make them aware of the mistakes they make and you tell them how they are sinners rubbing in the fact that this is written in the bible... "In the eyes of God" you say???  Yet it is your eyes condemning and your mouth speaking... Leave Gods work to God.... For you have faith and trust in him right??  And try to remember 'tis a glass house you too dwell in..... Just like mine.....

© 2008 Sweetest Sin


Author's Note

Sweetest Sin
not too sure what to call this...a story...prose poem??

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't think I'd call it a poem. But it does make a good point; the hypocrisy of the religious that's why I'm a nihilist. Very good

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent.....many including myself and probably mostly myself needed this..i shall re read this over and over..

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Six words: You. Have. A. Very. Good. Point. Oh, and well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2008
Last Updated on September 9, 2008

Author

Sweetest Sin
Sweetest Sin

CA



About
I plan on adding more info to this and I want to make time to write, since I do not currently write much. I enjoy writing, although I have not invested too much time in doing so. Some of my writi.. more..

Writing
p ri p ri

A Story by Sweetest Sin



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken Heart Broken Heart

A Poem by KristaK