Move on

Move on

A Poem by Sweet

MEEK AND WEAK, THAT’S WHAT YOU ARE

ON THE VERGE OF CRYING EVERY NIGHT

VAIN ARE YOUR DREAMS AND DECEITFUL YOUR HOPES

ENTRUSTING YOUR HEART TO OTHERS IS YOUR BIGGEST FLAW

 

OH, WHEN WILL YOU LEARN? WHEN WILL YOU CHANGE?

NAÏVE, FOOL, JUST STOP LYING TO YOURSELF

 

          DREAMING ALL THE TIME ABOUT THINGS YOU CANNOT HAVE

                    YOU KNOW IT’S IN VAIN BUT KEEP TRYING SO HARD

  DELUDING YOURSELF IS ONLY GOING TO GIVE YOU SCARS

 

         HOLDING ON AND TYING YOURSELF TO MERE FANTASIES

       THAT BRING A HAPPINESS AS EPHEMERAL AS THE BREEZE

           LISTENING TO YOUR EMOTIONS AND FEELINGS, BURYING REASON

                  WHICH ONLY LEAVES YOU DROWNING IN SORROW AND MISERY

 

WATCHING YOUR BROKEN HEART TURN TO DUST

FEELING LONELY AND HOPELESS, HAVING NOWHERE TO GO

 

SEEKING FOR SOMEONE TO LIFT YOU UP WHEN YOU’RE FRAIL

LETTING THE WORLD DEVOUR YOU IN EXCHANGE OF FALSE LOVE

ALL YOU MANAGE TO DO IS GETTING YOURSELF HURT

 

YOU CAN’T CONTROL THINGS, THEREFORE, STOP FIGHTING

THERE’S ONLY ONE THING LEFT TO DO

© 2016 Sweet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very moving poem... So sad, your heart is heavy with love retaining
so much emotions in you, giving so much of yourself and trusting love and friendships but something is somehow missing, you give and you give and it hurst when circumstaces divide your heart from what should be? ACROSTIC, wonderfuly set up!
You did a woderful job! I did'nt even know it what was called acrostic poetry but thanks to Barleygirl I know what's it called. Great work!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the kind words. Relationships are complicated, and sometimes we make it worse by .. read more



Reviews

Wow! It's an amazing piece of work I read just now. You are one awesome writer with a raw talent. Always be your awesome self like this...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sweet

7 Years Ago

I love your picture ^_^ yay, Minions !!!
Thank you for the compliments, it makes me very hap.. read more
My Sweet

A well crafted poem and I alleyways love the variation in type to express emotion. skillful little wordsmith you are. There is also a beautiful message here withing this poem for me and what I got was to listen to my inside voice and love oneself don't give the power to someone else, Keep your own identity, that governs your destiny. So lovely and inspiring. But behind this great poem is a voice of authority and protection that I like, It must be the Mama in me.

Blessings El

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the kind words Elmarie. I'm happy that you liked my poem and that it brought.. read more
Elmarie

7 Years Ago

Brilliant. Keep up the good work a lot of healing needed. :) El
Artistic writing here! I like how you ended it all with, "There's only one thing left to do." It left a question in my mind, but at the same time the answer was clear, MOVE ON IT'S TIME TO LET GO. Amazing write Sweet.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you Cyprian, I'm glad you liked it. I know what you mean. "There's only one thing left to do. .. read more
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

You're most welcome! Your last sentence to your last comment here is so profound. Truth!
Priceless!!!

The message is very important in in this write... Holding on to things which will never satisfy us or give us only pain and disappointment is the reason of our constant heartbreak in life... But moving is hard, it takes a lot of courage to do that, we learn from constant rejection and some of us move little faster and some of us late... But we must move on, otherwise the painful painful drama will never end... We all deserve something good in life and should learn to move on when things don't work...

A very strong yet inspiring write, a reminder to those who still decide whether to move on or stay in the same way...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Hello Dhiman. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I agree with you. It's really hard to let go some.. read more
Wow! This poem is amazing! First of all, the way the red words are structured, going vertically and from left to right like that, is unique and very cool. I am impressed by the way you managed to fit the letters in so well where they needed to go. And secondly, the black words, the ones making up most of the poem, are also highly impressive. A lot of times, with acrostic-style poems like these, people end up putting in "fluff" that doesn't add much depth or meaning to the piece just because they need something that starts with a certain letter. But in this poem, each line delivers a powerful punch of emotion, playing on a different facet of the pain of this experience. I was looking for my favorite lines, but I honestly think that each line of this poem is fantastic, and I would just end up quoting the whole thing! Excellent work. This is truly impressive.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading my poem and sharing your thoughts.
It makes me happy that you e.. read more
AliciaB

7 Years Ago

Yay! That's why I do it! :)
Very nice of use of words and thoughts. I agree with your description. Sometime we must let the old places and sadness behind us and move on. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you ^_^ I'm glad you liked it.
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I did and you are welcome.
In the technical sense, I can't say this is the most original or memorable depiction of the feeling of a broken heart and a naive hope for a false loving relationship to continue. That sense of loving the idea of togetherness rather than what is actually there. It can be blinding, when really you have to open your eyes and see the truth and with the truth you can let go and move on. You've certainly established relatable emotions, and for me you captured the feeling of a blind love; a false love. Choosing a poor relationship over the feeling of loneliness, but it's only when we can let go and live alone with a smile on our face that we can be happy and ready for something real.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

I absolutely love this review.
Your words are wise and describe the poem very well (they rem.. read more
This is one of the most creative poems I ever read... as impressive as it is written, it's painfully accurate in capturing the pain... and it has such a heart-aching description and a much needed message. I really needed to read this... thank you writing this and thank you for the friend request...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you for accepting the request and for your kind words. It makes me really happy that you captu.. read more
Lost, n'MT

7 Years Ago

You're welcome, it was extremely creative with a heartfelt and powerful message. I look forward to r.. read more
very good poem and unique

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I really appreciate it.
anupriya

7 Years Ago

welcome you were great
This is incredible!! I love the message that it holds. Such an excellent idea to do it using the words "move on/its time/to let go"
The way it is written is unique, and really smart. Such an excellent poem! So full of meaning. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much Tamika. Your kind words motivate me to keep working hard and improve my writing .. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1083 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 15, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2016
Tags: move on, let go, sad, heartbroken

Author

Sweet
Sweet

Candyland would be a sweet place to be <3



About
I'm just an average human, pretty random sometimes. I like to write about feelings and deep thoughts. Although my writings are mostly sad, I love to laugh and joke around. So I hope you can enjo.. more..

Writing
Ashes Ashes

A Poem by Sweet


Lovestruck Lovestruck

A Poem by Sweet


Closure Closure

A Poem by Sweet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..