Reflection

Reflection

A Poem by SyberRose

Beyond the glare of the horizon
and the voices of the past
is the bittersweet taste of love
melting like lunar light
upon my dreary heart.

I feel the swirling of the winds
arousing in the dark
and the shadows of once was
knocking at my door.

In the reflection of my mirror
I see what i will hope to be
in another thirty years
wishing I was again me.

©SyberRose

© 2014 SyberRose


Author's Note

SyberRose
thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thinking of the future - dreaming of the past - no wonder this write feels so ethereal.
The past shines as we coat it with lustre each time we refer to it and the future seems dull in comparison because it is coated with the fear of uncertainity.
As if on a conveyor belt, moments pass out of the dark coming toward us - into the light and then they pass and travel further back shining with a brilliance that isn't real, reasonable or rational.
Your writing never dulls though Rose. And it always speaks to our hearts.
Never stop writing Rose.
x

Posted 8 Years Ago


SyberRose

8 Years Ago

Wow...I just woke up to all these wonderful reviews from you...sitting here drinking my coffee. I re.. read more
Rose,

This is sheer brilliance of the kind that would turn most any poet green with envy, wishing they'd thought of it, and could have composed it even half as skillfully and beautifully as you have.

Your choices and use of word is absolutely amazing, and the emotional facets "reflecting" out from this poem's soul speaks volumes unto the mind and heart.

I feel embraced and drenched by the poignant moment your pen has brushed like unbound hues of ethereal colors throughout the mind, on into that which fate will hold.

You strip each of us to the core, our memories, our dreams, the deepest chasms of our hope, our regretful love losses … so much that lives and breathes within.

Would that I could, a 1000/100.

I read through it several times — lost in its lure — this is more than gorgeously captivating in so many ways.
How proud I am to be your fan … my deepest thanks to you for sharing, Rose! ~ Richard

Posted 8 Years Ago


SyberRose

8 Years Ago

Thank you again Richard...and i'm happy you enjoyed this piece...its been a while since i wrote it.... read more
Hello and thank you for your kind review of Autumnal.
You evoke loneliness and a tender memory of past love.
Not to mention waking up in the middle of the night feeling??
I was living in England inside my Mother; unfortunately she waited to emigrate to let me out!
She was from Kent.

Posted 8 Years Ago


SyberRose

8 Years Ago

Thank you for peeking in...appreciate your comments...my mother and I are from Essex...SyberRose
we change all the time and so do our horizons....don't worry about 30 years hence Rose....

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

yes we do change...thank you dear for peeking in...i'm just waiting for the snow today thats predict.. read more
Time is strange, how what is will become what was, and how every second passes by without a blink of the eye. Thirty years is such a long time ahead. I wonder if that time period has any specific meaning to it?
A nice short poem of rumination over what was, and hopes of what will be. Enjoyed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Glad you liked Soma...time flys...the older you get the faster it goes ha...thanks for peeking in..... read more
It does seem after a heartbreak, we morph into another being. Perhaps that is an escape mechanism meant to save our psyches! Beautifully emotive write. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Lydi...i'm glad you enjoyed this piece...Rose:)
i do hope it doesnt take 30 years ... whew!! i love this poem. i am put in the moment ... the now .. where pain and loss transcends both future and past .. where our awareness is piqued .. even those of us with heavy armor can not seal ourselves from those swirling winds .. really enjoyed this poem very much Syber!
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much E and nice to hear from you as always...Hope your new year is a great one...Rose:)
I find some sadness at the end of this and also some sought of romance, mixed emotions i would say, I enjoyed reading. Nice to read you once more. Enjoy your day

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you Cassie...and so nice to hear from you too...Rose:)
Immensely deep and full of simmering love and an aching heart...Excellent...:)............

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

thank you so much Sami...appreciate your comments as always...Rose:)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

MY pleasure...Any time...:).................
Wow what a thought provoking poem. This was really very well written Rose. I liked this a lot.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Jack...always nice hearing from you...Rose:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1100 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2014
Last Updated on January 9, 2014
Tags: poetry, poem, syberrose, bittersweet, memories, shadows, winds

Author

SyberRose
SyberRose

VA



About
Welcome to my profile: I was born in England, and raised in the U.S and now living in Virginia. I write mostly of romance and nature....I prefer not to send read requests so if you wish just read at y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..