Poetry judged...

Poetry judged...

A Poem by T
"

just a thought for the day

"

If rhyming is not needed, and poems not fit form

But an error caught, is then judged and torn

Slight it may be, if the understanding made

is to judge it not but by the words conveyed

Poets you say then, if you come here all rehearsed

Should understand completely rhyme and verse

But don't lose the meaning behind emotions expressed

because of the way they're dressed
 

© 2015 T


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That is fantastic. Sometimes I have posted work that was so close to my heart...even painful and have the reader miss my point all together. Maybe the write wasn't good enough, I don't know. I try to positive and upbeat, and if I know someone is truly looking for criticism, I try and limit my comments to just one or two repairs. After all...who am I to judge? I don't have an MFA in creative writing. Well done!
Todd

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, that was geniusly pointed out.

Yeah, poetry should be all about emotions expressed somehow to make people understand. However, none of my lyrics are based to reality, they're stories put into lyrical forms with some cheesy meaning behind it.

This is a fun way to judge your own work. Yay for a great poem. :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


We're individuals with little quirks of nature inside us, we're all unique in some way or other or wotsit, so, surely our poems, prose, can reflect what we are?

As long as we find a way of putting thought and imagination on paper or up here on wc.org.. and it's reasonably tidy, reasonably well metred.. do a few missing commas or lower case errors really detract from the motive of the words?

Both hypothetical questions... oops, maybe I shouldn't have put them - but, that's me!

I really appreciate this poem of yours, it gives food to thought and what's more, is finely constructed.

Thanks for sharing

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Exactly! Thank you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I honestly don't feel that I write poetry very well as I rhyme half the time and the other half I don't...of course I just write what comes off the top of my head. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lot of writers could relate to this piece and I am no exception. However, I would like to point out that the 4th and 5th stanza don't flow right. I think it may have something to do with the smaller words making it choppy and as a result, it made this piece hard to read; not understand.

I love the idea of this and maybe this piece can be a lesson to readers because it's not the way the words are placed on the page, but rather the context and content of where the words were born. I loved this piece.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Variations are many in what we write and what we do
hoping we have intelligent critics of which there are a few
When someone offers help to what we worked so hard to write
we smile and say thank you, I think you are right
This is what happens every day we are here
Your poem and your critics have shown you are great
we look forward to your writing, please shorten the wait

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent! I hate it when I've got a great idea for a poem, but I have to alter it because I can't find a rhyme, and I end up compromising on meaning, which in fact muddles the great idea.

The emotion of the poetry is why we savor the lines.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Bravo my friend... I never believed poetry needed to rhyme either that's the choice of the poet... sometimes it fits the mood better and helps express the emotions when they are broken up.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That is fantastic. Sometimes I have posted work that was so close to my heart...even painful and have the reader miss my point all together. Maybe the write wasn't good enough, I don't know. I try to positive and upbeat, and if I know someone is truly looking for criticism, I try and limit my comments to just one or two repairs. After all...who am I to judge? I don't have an MFA in creative writing. Well done!
Todd

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

979 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 3, 2008
Last Updated on June 29, 2015

Author

T
T

PA



About
It's a wonderful journey this becoming, It's part letting go of who I was, while releasing the beliefs that sabotage what I want to be, and-knowiing that in order to transform, I can't live in b.. more..

Writing
These wings These wings

A Poem by T


Right Now Right Now

A Poem by T



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memories Memories

A Poem by Christine