Peanut Tales

Peanut Tales

A Story by T.B. Odin
"

The beggining of a series of short silly stories told by a miniature wiener dog to his beloved owner. Written by my daughter.

"

Peanut Tails

 

By: Jordan Barton

 

Intro:

Hi I’m Peanut, Peanut-butter and though I am a short legged, long eared miniature wienie-dog, I am a highly trained member of an elite military unit called (G.O.S.S.I.P) Ghosts of Skilled Soldiers Intelligence Pacificators. According to the government, we didn’t exist. Each of us died somewhere somehow and anytime somebody thought they saw one of us where we weren’t suppose to be, well it was just gossip. For over thirty years my best friend Spoon and I traveled the world incognito one mission at a time. Now I try to live a peaceful life sharing stories with his daughter in the comfort of a well deserved home. Every now and again excitement finds us and somehow her and I find ourselves in an adventure of our own. I guess it’s hard to keep a good dog down, but for now I would like to share with you my tales. Tales of war, friendship and adventure. I want to share with you all the tough times and all the good times Spoon and I had before we found our way home and retired to the good life. So set back and enjoy The Peanut tails.

Peanut Tales 1

 

It was a rainy day. Peanut and I sat at the end of the bed sad that we could not go out and play. We didn’t have anything to do at all. Peanut was old, too old, but he had stories. More like tales, tales of war, friendship, and adventure. This just so happened to be the perfect time for him to begin with another tale of peanut’s adventures. So it began like any other story did.

 

“I remember back in NAM when I was a pupster.” He pulled his squeaky toy up close to him and lay his chin on it before he continued. “It was Roger and me, but Spoon is what we all called him.” It all happened while we were on operation (Gingerbread man).” Peanut looked up at me and raised his brows you know, like hush hush this is top secret. “You see Spoon and I got separated from the rest of the team during a surprise attack. As usual we ended up lost as well. We were wet, cold, and hungry and without a map to guide us anywhere close to the nearest Burger King. But we had each other.” He let out a sigh of forgotten friendship.

 

“There were times when we had to walk for miles in nothing but mud and water. For days we ate nothing but leeches. Leeches off of Spoons back and the ones hanging from the bottom of my ears. Sometimes raw, and sometimes roasted on the end of a pointed stick when we could find dry wood for a fire. But shoot as long as it was me and spoon nothing could faze us.” Suddenly he twitched and his little back paw scratched at his ribs.

“It had been five long months of nothing but swamp, mud, and leeches. Just as the day started to turn out like all the other dreary days, a giant anaconda sprang out and swallowed me whole. Spoon wrestled that monstrous thing for over fifteen-minutes before he finally killed it. With the same knife that skewed its brains, he cut me from the hole of the beasts belly. It was not as bad as it sounds because for the first time since we were lost in that god forsaken place I was warm.” A warm chuckle left his long snout and a smile found his lips. “To this day I still laugh about that one. We at snake for dinner that night. In fact we ate a whole lot of snake, so much that I don’t ever want to see a snake again, but it was better than those mud flavored leeches.”

 

He paused for a second as he stretched his legs and re-found his comfy spot on the bed. “Needless to say, by the time we realized that we were in the Himalayas, the rest of the team found the general’s house and operation Gingerbread man was a success. With winter coming on and only tattered swamp clothes covering our backs, we buckled down for another adventure, just as the snow yetis stole our backpack. But that is a whole other tale.” No matter the challenge Peanut and Spoon stuck together, fighting together, laughing together, and getting lost together. No matter the circumstances, they were friends. I must say those had to be the dog years. As we set in silent thought for a moment the storm cleared and Peanut and I were off to create one of our own adventures.

© 2013 T.B. Odin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
Added on February 11, 2013
Last Updated on February 11, 2013

Author

T.B. Odin
T.B. Odin

Wheaton, MO



About
With a BA in fine arts and Game production I hope to be closer to reaching my goal with story telling and art. When some paths are blocked we must look for other points of entry even if they are furth.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by T.B. Odin