Weep We - Weep They

Weep We - Weep They

A Poem by C.T. Bailey
"

Haiku of quiet, tearful sadness...

"

Eternal raindrops -
Symphonic tranquility;
Dancing in our tears.

 

© 2009 C.T. Bailey


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was simple yet very insightful and profound of the symbolism of tears

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thanks for submitting this to the Haiku contest. It's a good poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Dear Todd,

And interesting observation on life and grief. This is grief past its raging abandon where soul is racked with deep shaking. These are the quiet tears that seem to last forever, but are in some way almost comforting, almost a tribute, recognition, and praise of someone that was lost to death.

Nicely written.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 14 Years Ago


Todd, you have a much better grasp of the inscrutability of the Haiku form than the reast of us, who may observe the 5-7-5, without troubling ourselves with the Oriental-ness of the form.Your poetry answers few questions, but poses many, and it is we who love to ponder, to ferret out hidden meanings to whom it most appeals. Thank you for the gift! This speaks to me of one who tries to find joy in his life (dancing through our tears), but fails, as he is ever aware that sorrow is just over the horizon (Eternal raindrops). But there is happiness over the horizon as well, if you ae not fixed on seeking the sorrow! The reference to symphonies, with their allegros AND their andantes, their fortes AND their pianississimos, points that out.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2009

Author

C.T. Bailey
C.T. Bailey

Bristol, VA



About
C.T. Bailey has authored a number of professional articles which have been published in various industry trade publications. He is also an award-winning and published writer of poetry, prose, and fic.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..