Chapter 1: the battle of Seattle Part 1

Chapter 1: the battle of Seattle Part 1

A Chapter by Dallas
"

This will be the battle that decides the pace of the whole war

"
Navy SEAL lieutenant Bradly carter sat silently in the Humvee stationed about 25 miles from Seattle reading his book. The book was titled 'the superiority complex' it was about a hypothetical war between the US and Russia last. He enjoyed the book and his squad members teased him a bit for being a SEAL and still reading nerdy books. The day was going by slow when LT. Chase looked to his right at his friend Brody. "hey Brody when's your wedding supposed to happen" Brody turned and replied with a chuckle. "next month but your not invited old timer" Bradly laughed and shot back "hey im only 32 young blood" the 2 friends laughed and went back to what they were doing. And then the call came in.... "All units within 200 miles of Seattle head to the city we have some hostile forces in the city declaring that it belongs to their little emperor now"

Bradly looks at Brody then back at the other three in the back and the guy on the mounted gun. "OK guys gear up we're heading to Seattle to deal with some bad guys" all the seals in the vehicle respond with a loud and clear "YES SIR".

Brody looks at Bradley and smiles a bit. "Brad I swear sometimes the imperialists of this planet never cease to amaze me" Bradley laughs and responds. "me either Brody now let's go and take care of these nut cases" at that Bradly fires up the Humvee and begins speeding toward the city of Seattle ready for a fight.


© 2019 Dallas


Author's Note

Dallas
Ignore grammar and spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

• Ignore grammar and spelling

You can't ignore it Why?

Without proper case usage, instead of "Sam helped his uncle Jack off the horse," you get "Sam helped his uncle jack off the horse." And, use commas wrong and instead of "At the party we had my parents, Donald Trump, and Stephen Colbert," You get, "At the party we had my parents, Donald Trump and Stephen Colbert."

And without grammar, how could you make sense of, "James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_while_John_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_a_better_effect_on_the_teacher

Grammar and punctuation matters, and they're as important as knowing the skills of fiction writing—something not taught during our school days.

You're not there when your work read. So all the reader has to go on are your words, your punctuation and grammar, and what they suggest, based on the READER'S background, not your intent.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Added on April 14, 2019
Last Updated on April 14, 2019


Author

Dallas
Dallas

Mexico , MO



About
History and alternative history lover I usually write about hypothetical and realistic war scenarios more..

Writing