My Affair with AMC

My Affair with AMC

A Story by TKBickel

            My breath quickened as I first laid eyes on the beautiful towering building. Smiling, I pulled into the parking lot, buzzing with activity. ‘Yes I know, it's been a while,’ I thought. ‘Responsibilities of family and work has kept me away but you know I can't stay away from you for to long.

            Quickly, I scramble out of my car and made it sing a beep to me, signaling the safety of its inter-contents. I stared longingly at the building painted in rich jewel tone colors. ‘I've missed you.

            With a huge sigh, twitchy fingers tucked wisp of red hair behind my ears. Long eager strides carry me across the blacktop parking lot, radiating heat warmed by the summer sun now setting. ‘You beckoned me with your silent siren call, luring me in with a promise of a good time. You haven't disappointed me yet.’

            Approaching the young man behind the glass, I softly stated what I'm here for and slipped him my credit card. The man smiles and slides my card back accompanied with a small piece of paper. ‘Here I come. You better be ready.’

            My fingers wrapped around the black metal handle and the door opens with ease. Sounds hummed of excited people and the smells of food and drink mixed with cool air engulfs me as I stepped through the threshold. ‘Oh yes!’

            Another young man points at me to come over. I showed him my paper and he points down the hall. "You enjoy yourself," the man said with a knowing wink. Maybe I sounded a little too excited when I commented, "I plan to."

            I could take my time and stop to get a drink, but my patience runs thin. I'm here for one reason. As a strolled down the plush, dark red carpet, swirled with intricate designs of gold, my eyes scanned the wall's art work of what future events will be coming. A few of them make me hesitate to absorb the information. ‘Oh, now that sounds intriguing.’

            Finally, I stand before my door. It's open, beckoning me to come on in. The light is low, soft like a romantic candlelight. I travel quickly down a short hall, spilling into an expansive room. I stopped to peek at a few of the little groups scattered here and there. After taking stock of the faces, I'm rather relieved I don't know any of these people. That comforts me, knowing there will be no one to interrupt my interlude.

            Working my way up a flight of stairs, I spy the perfect chair. I'm early just for that purpose. I let my fingers slide around the feel of velvet of my red chair before sliding into it, smiling like a fool again. I find myself fidgeting, crossing my legs one-way then another, glancing at my watch as each minute crawls by as slow as a parched dying man crossing a desert.

            So what will you do to me tonight? Sweep me off my feet and twirl me with the excitement from the sexual tension or pull on my heart strings and make me cry. Maybe you'll make my sides hurt from too much laughter. One thing I know, it will be an emotional roller coaster and pure indulging fun.

            Finally, the torturous wait comes to an end. The soft light dims to a hover of a barely noticeable glow. An instant pulse of excitement rushes through me. “Yes-yes-yes,” hisses out from under my quickened breath.

            A screen, larger-than-life, lights up in front of me. First, you tease me with what future enjoyment we could have together. A romantic getaway with a hint of danger, ‘You know I like that.’ Then you show me a different way to tickle my funny bone.

            The teasing ends and the glowing light diminish. It's time for the reason I'm here for, as beautiful music swirls around my being. I absorb it with all my hunger. My body relaxes as a huge sigh escapes with a satisfying smile.

            It's you and me baby. Give it to me and don't hold back. It's time for you to show me everything you've got.’

© 2012 TKBickel


Author's Note

TKBickel
Just a very short story of an unhealthy hobby.
No names are used to protect the innocent…ok me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was very clever. i loved it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A perfect allegory. I love the quoted expressions. This is very clever. An excellent read.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Wonderful. I love the rawness. Great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I truley loved this

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is great! and you said you weren't much for poetry...pphhhfft! ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, this was not what I expected it to be. it was still nice and had a sort of poetry feel to it. At least that what I think.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Oh my...even naughtier. I may just...oh. I have. Why do I do it. I feel so ashamed. So dirty. So do you want one of these Hot Dogs or not?

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Dirty, dirty hobby. Naughty, naughty hobby. Excuse me while I wet my lips. I seem to be..mouth dry... a descent into ...wonderful semi dark abandonment....no. No. Naughty. Must not give in, oh go on then. Chocolate Rasin? You have turned your phone off I hope.......Ooooo. It's starting

Posted 11 Years Ago


This isn't unhealthy; just not exactly productive. You could write it about the small screen as well as the large.
The description is very apt.

Posted 11 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

892 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 1, 2012
Last Updated on October 3, 2012
Tags: Mystery, romance, feelings, love, affair

Author

TKBickel
TKBickel

KC, MO



About
I am a bookworm that happens to love writing. Now I finally have the time to write a story that's been clawing its way out of my brain. God help me before my brain explodes. -The Forever Hunting Se.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Murderers Tale A Murderers Tale

A Chapter by xEmix