Storm

Storm

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles



The waves of pain, anguish, and hurt smash violently thrashes its wrath of joy, suffering, and broken dreams harshly onto the Deck. The Ship's Captain should be me; however, the wheel spins wildly out of control. The Sky is black, and no sun in sight. The Light House is dim and faint. The Crew staggers around the Deck to salvage whatever dreams they can. The Crew members are everyday people entering the Ship of Life. Each one of them wants to be the Captain of the Ship. There are only two lifeboats that are blessings that belong to me. I hold the railing of the Ship of life as the Sea of the World starts to roar. The waves of suffering begin to mound, and the tsunami of revenge, hate, and love gather. I embrace the railing and prepare for impact. The Crew members scatter around on the Deck, and a few jump into a lifeboat, which is a blessing. One of my blessings. One blessing is gone.

One left. The wire snaps, falling into The Sea of the World. The Sea swallows them whole. The Ship's wheel spins wildly out of control, and I manage to move about. I am grasping The Wheel with all my might. To keep The Sea of the World from devouring the Ship. The tsunami gets closer, and I get more excited...... Ready to embrace the floods of The World and begin to clean out the Deck. The water crashes, and The Crew disappears. I can see The Lighthouse now. The path is clear, The Sea is calm, and I, the Captain of the Ship...... One lifeboat left...... For only me. And the question that remains........ Who will the Captain of your Ship will be......?

© 2022 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice poem! I like how you made used of the tsunami and sea as the personification of our life's struggle. Very meaningful. The last line also made me asked myself, who will the Captain of your ship will be?

This only shows that you have a deep perception towards life. You truly understand it! great poem! Thanks for sharing this! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice poem! I like how you made used of the tsunami and sea as the personification of our life's struggle. Very meaningful. The last line also made me asked myself, who will the Captain of your ship will be?

This only shows that you have a deep perception towards life. You truly understand it! great poem! Thanks for sharing this! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Added on January 17, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2022

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5