Clarity

Clarity

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles

How can I see through the smoke and haze? When the sheets of rain blur my vision, I can't see the tip of my nose.

 

How can I smell the sweetness in the air when the cinders and ash clog my airways...?

 

How will I stay dry when the acid rain burns all humanity of its compassion and empathy?

 

How can love find its way to me when there is no want for commitment and honesty?

 

How can the sunrise when the sky stays filled with hate and animosity?

 

When will the world see the happiness when its sorrow is its joy?

 

How will you know I'm your first true love if your past blinds you?

 

Tell me where I can find the answer to the question is under scrutiny?

 

How can I open the door with the key if the lock is missing?

 

If the stairs lead to your heart but there is no landing to the top, how can I find it?

 

How do you stop the judgment of others when you can't stop it yourself?

 

Why are you so vain when your soul is so dull?

 

How can you better yourself......? When do you neglect yourself?

 

How can you let me in when your door is sealed shut?

 

And how can, how to be, how when, how is the only question yet the exact answer.

 

TKC


© 2022 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great job Tiffany, this really makes the ready analyze themselves...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The amount of questions makes this piece very interesting to read.It flows very well.Nice job

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A poem of many questions. I like the flow of thoughts seeking proper answer leading to proper ending. Old man wisdom. It seem questions just lead to more questions. Thank you Tiffany for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2017
Last Updated on June 14, 2022

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


O' Peculiar O' Peculiar

A Poem by Anna


The Low Drag The Low Drag

A Poem by Anna