Fire

Fire

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles

I reached out and touched the sun. It burned my soul a thousand times and more. I needed to soothe my desire for lust and was stung by cupid's arrow. It shot me down, and I fell into the ocean of ecstasy. I drowned in your pool of passion and hunger. You pulled me out of the sea and breathed life into my heart. 


Blinded by the ray of your smile, you took my fears and wants and gave me nothing like before. I swallowed with steady beats of my heart and a gulp of infatuation. I long to have you next to me, gasping for more and craving everything. To love, touch, caress, and exhaust me into a sleepless slumber. And with just one blow, a soft kiss to start.


I walked through the fiery halls of Mt. Kilimanjaro and was burned by your kiss. I was blind-sided by your stronghold and did not know what was in store. I found there was a garden blooming where my love was hallowed. I didn't want to believe that whatever it was, it had to be. So I tried to accept you as my one and only lover. And to let your valley divide my boulders apart. 


I reached out and touched a star and was struck by your lighting. You knocked it down and blew up my door. And proved to be more than anything but shallow. You set my whole existence with glee. And I'd always want you around to stay and hover until we both combined and exploded into a gamma-ray of new beginnings that unfold into a cluster of internal love that will never finish and will always start.

© 2022 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is poetry Tiffany.
"And I'd always want you around to stay and hover. Until we both combined and exploded into a gamma-ray of new beginnings that unfold into a cluster of internal love that will never finish and will always start"
I do like the above lines. I liked the drive and the positive energy of this poem. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 17, 2018
Last Updated on June 14, 2022

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing